Monday, March 21, 2011

What Makes Me Happy 21/3/2011

Making me happy today is spending the entire day watching my son and his mate play soccer! They both made it into the District Soccer team and today played in the try outs for the Regionals.
I am so proud of him to get this far and to give it his all. It was a very hot day and they both got burnt and covered in mud as the fields were still very wet from the weekend rain. That's another thing making me happy... I don't have to wash his uniform after today. It was almost black by the afternoon. Unfortunately he didn't make it into the Regionals but we're both very happy with what he has achieved.
I also managed to get a bit of stitching done between games - Happy!!!
I've also spent the last 3 days being very happy on a Quilt Retreat up in Kingaroy. I had so much fun and it was wonderful to be back at this gorgeous farm, being spoilt rotten with yummy food and beautiful surroundings. The weather was perfect... light rain for most of the weekend - just the right weather for sewing.
I am very happy with what I managed to work on and finish over the weekend (more of that later).I went with 2 of my best friends, caught up with another wonderful friend and met 4 new friends!
It was such a wonderful weekend. We all achieved so much, ate the best home made cooking, laughed ourselves silly, stayed up late and chatted consistently, oh and we also bought some goodies from the shop to bring home with us! - I'll have to show you later as well. If I don't put this post up soon, it will be Tuesday!
Thanks for a magic weekend girls!
And thanks Jack for a top day today!
Hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!

Teresa xx

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Well done to Jack for getting so far with his soccer. I miss those days of going to watch my children's activities, but it wont be too long before I will be able to watch my grandchildren.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend. A retreat sounds good, havent done that for quite a while. Maybe Tassie???

Vicki said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all, including Jack.

De said...

Wow Teresa what a great time you had. Thank you for sharing and I cant wait to see what you worked on.

Susan said...

Commiserations to Jack! Better luck next time, What a great looking weekend jaunt! And lots done. Its always so good to feel you have achieved something after a retreat!

Merilyn said...

Quilt retreats are so nurturing for the soul!!! I enjoyed one several years ago in Gympie, the best four days I ever spent with a whole bunch of quilters!!!

Sheila said...

Congratulations to your son , great achievement! Aren't retreats fun , just love going , wish they had more around here .

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well done to the boys....I do miss those days of sitting on the sideline...your retreat looks awesome...so pleased you had a fab time Teresa...love your quilt....

Chookyblue...... said...

always wonderful to spend time with friends sewing........

KAYLEE said...

Looks and sounds like you had a fab weekend Teresa, how is your shoulder? Looking forward to seeing the goods you bought home with you. Cheers Kaylee

marina said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend and Monday.
Looks like a ball was had at the retreat. Your Lynete Anderson blocks look gorgeous. Look forward to seeing all the wonders that followed you home.
Well done to Jack for his sporting achievement.