Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures and other stuff.......

Talking about yummy Greek food yesterday had me thinking about our trip to Greece almost 10 years ago. My husbands family are from a small Greek Island named Kithira. We visited his mother and father who were living there at the time, in the family home that his Great Grandfather had built. It is such a beautiful, small island and I loved every inch of it. This got me to thinking about some treasures I have that remind me of our wonderful holiday there.
On Kithira was a small hand craft shop where they sold gorgeous hand made items by the locals. I found these wonderful porcelain pieces that were beautifully hand painted. Every time I went to the shop I came out with another piece.
Beautiful little sugar bowl, depicting scenes of Kithira with delicate flowers painted around the top.
Little milk jug with a scene of a house and some steps and of course some pots!
The salt and pepper shakers show typical gorgeous Greek houses on them. I love the soft colours they used when they painted them. These are definite "treasures" to me and remind me of that gorgeous little Island, that I would love to visit again one day!
Pop on over to Melodys blog and see who else is playing along today with "Tuesdays Treasures"
Today found me stitching again with the girls at Helen's house. Another wonderful day.... plenty of stitching getting done and a yummy lunch.... pasta salad and sundried tomato pesto and a chai latte!!!
Today we had even more wonderful visitors... I was too slow for the sulphur crested cockatoos, but I did manage to catch these guys.....
.....and these guys.....
Aren't they lovely... it's such a nice place to sit and stitch and have a chat and a laugh as well.
This is Helen's new quilt that she has just finished. I have fallen in love with it and was trying to sneak off with it he he!!! I didn't think she'd notice!
AND did you notice my new hair cut?????
Yesterday was one of those walk straight in and say "chop it all off" sort of days!!!!!
HA HA
Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!!

28 comments:

bettsylyn said...

Your hair looks lovely! I know those sort of days too well :) I might even have another one tomorrow. And the good think is that it will grow back if you want it to.

bettsylyn said...

Okay so I should have typed thing instead of think.

BubzRugz said...

Oh my... those treasures had me drooling... they are such a fabulous reminder of your trip.... I wonder if you will go back and collect some more??? Lovely to sit and stitch with friends and birdy visitors.... and the new hair cut is great ...
Hugz

marina said...

lovely treasures Teresa.
Very subtle of you wrapping yourself up in the quilt as you try to abscond! lol
Your new haircut looks lovely. It suits you perfectly.

Michelle Ridgway said...

I think Helen is danger of losing that quilt. Your photos of he rosellas are lovely. what nice company for stitching. I love the handpainted pieces of china from Greece. I can see why you couldn't walk out empty handed.Your hair looks great!!

Rochelle said...

What lovely treasures and such pretty reminders of your trip.
I love your hair - it looks great. I know what you mean with the cut it off. After my surgery and my patchy head, I walked into the hairdressers at the hospital and told her she may as well just shave it all off. It has been about a number 4 ever since.

Cattinka said...

Hi Teresa,
like your new hairdoe, it suits you very good. Too bad you couldn´t sneek out with that quilt, it looks good on you too!
KATRIN W.

Joy said...

Love your pretty Greek porcelains ... what a lovely reminder of your holiday!!
The new "do" is stunning .... you look GAWJUS :o)!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

Selina said...

LOVE the hair Teresa!

Merilyn said...

What lovely memories of Greece, love your little collection of porcelain! How brave of you to have your locks chopped!!! Looks good though!!!

Quilt Kitty said...

The porcelain is stunning Teresa. Your hair looks great, suits you. I don't usually go to get a hair cut too often but this summer with the heat in Perth I'm there about every six weeks & always saying the same thing - SHORTER! Tracee xx

retdairyqueen said...

I like your new hair cut

Val said...

Your Greek treasures are lovely. I especially like the scene on the milk jug. Your hair looks great :)

Vicki said...

Love your treasures today,Teresa. You were lucky to get them back to OZ in one piece :) Looks like today was a great one - lovely new hair do, gorgeous almost yours quilt and the rosellas so pretty XXXXx

Melody said...

I love your treasures, think they'd look great on my old scrubbed pine dresser. Your haircut really suits you. Looks great. Thanks for being part of Tuesday Treasures.

Vicki ♥ said...

Love your treasures Teresa and I didnt think you would ever get your hair cut short...it looks really fabulous!! Good for you...I bet you feel like a new woman now :) Love the birds too and what a shame Helen noticed you with the quilt hehehehe. Hugs Vicki xx

Chookyblue...... said...

nice hair cut........looks good.........

Sheila said...

Oh Teresa , your dishes are gorgeous , wow , such talent and beauty ,I also loved the birds , for me they look like something I might see in a pet shop .Your new hair cut looks terrific , bet it feels a whole lot lighter too !

Lounging with a Latte said...

How lovely to have those dishes to remind you of your holiday. I reckon I would have tried walking off with that quilt too...it's beautiful!!

De said...

Cant believe that Helen "noticed" you were borrowing the quilt! Love the new do and the treasures are such wonderful memories! What a gorgeous stitching place you girls have got!

KAYLEE said...

The treasures from Kithira are gorgeous. Love the new "do" Teresa. Cheers Kaylee

Lynda said...

Haircut looks great Teresa - lovely colour too.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Your Greek pottery is beautiful. I would have bought out the whole shop. Quilt stealing!!! Love your new hair style.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

sunny said...

Your treasures are very beautiful! And I really like your new 'do'.

Tess said...

Fab hair-do, Treez. Look great!

Dawn said...

Love it... wow I wish I had your courage and said chop it off.... but hubby would kill me...LOL

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the new hair style, it looks great, and your treasures are just lovely....always nice to have a good day with friends....I think Helen would miss that gorgeous quilt...

Bec said...

Love your new hair chop!