Monday, February 7, 2011

What Makes Me Happy Mondays....

I have a bit of catching up to do with my "Happy Monday" posts so here goes....
Monday 17/1/2011.......
This week I am deliriously happy as I am on holidays down in Melbourne.
I love Melbourne... I love the weather, the city,
the country,
the beaches,
the vineyards,
the food, the shopping,
all the things there is to do and see and of course,
the tennis.
But besides all this, the BEST thing about Melbourne is my brother is there!!!!
I am just loving hanging out with him and catching up.

Monday 24/1/2011....

This week I am thrilled to bits to have met (in person) a couple of blogging buddies.
Firstly I met the gorgeous Vicki (from The Pickledish Patch). I have been chatting with Vicki for some time now and she is one of the first people I ever met in Blogland. Vicki drove all the way over to where I was staying and we had a lovely morning tea at a small cafe. She is so lovely and we chatted for hours like we'd known each other for ever! We had a bit of a wait for our
"just-out-of the oven" muffins, but they were definitely worth the wait. Thank goodness we had so much to talk about and I think Vicki is one of the loveliest people I've ever met ( I knew she would be!!!)I was also lucky enough to meet Marina (Maisie and the Boys). This was fun as we met right in the city and I had no idea what Marina even looked like. We managed to fit in a coffee before she took me to the most amazing little store called L'uccello. I could have stayed there for hours. I wonder how she knew how much I would love this store!!!!
The owner of the shop (Kim) was so helpful and lovely and let me take some photos of her gorgeous shop. If only I had a bigger suitcase to take home!!!!! I could have gone crazy over the lovely antique and vintage inspired haberdashery!!!
If you are ever in Melbourne... you must go and visit this store... you won't be disappointed!
It was so much fun to meet Marina and I hope she doesn't mind me putting up that photo of her (she isn't too keen on getting her photo taken!!!) We also went to some other great stores and we found a shop that sold miniature porcelain ornaments. I will have to show you what I bought when I clear out my camera and I am able to take some more photos!!! he he!!!! I had such a great day with Marina and we got on soooo well. Another wonderful blogger!
I also tried to catch up with Jan, (Little Red Hen), but we didn't start trying to organise a get-together until I was actually down there and unfortunately (this visit!!) our meeting didn't eventuate... but we did have some lovely conversations on the phone together. Next time Jan... we will definitely catch up. I'm already thinking of the next trip down there!

Monday 31/1/2011....

I am back home again and really enjoying catching up with the boys and spending some quality time with them both.
I just wanted to tell you about the wonderful surprise my brother and gorgeous sister in law sprung on me the day before I left Melbourne...
Melbourne has these wonderful old trams that they have restored and have turned into restaurants. For two hours we traveled around the city and outer suburbs eating the most delicious 4 course meal ever!
It was so lovely and so much fun. The food was delicious, the scenery was wonderful and the company was first class!!!!
Thanks guys you really made my holiday to Melbourne one of the best holidays I've ever had!
Can't wait to catch up with you again soon.

Monday 7/2/2011....

Jack has been away for a week on a Leadership Camp for his final year of high school. He had a wonderful time and I'm pleasantly surprised at how much he got out of this week away.

While I was away in Melbourne, my eldest son celebrated his 20th birthday. While it was a pretty sad day for me, as I have never missed one of my sons birthdays before... My gorgeous Mum made sure the day was special. She managed to get my husband and both sons to visit and she put on a special Birthday dinner for them. Best of all, she had a photo taken and sent to me while I was down in Melbourne. I hope I don't ever miss one of the kids birthdays again. It was awful not being there with them, but I'm sure it will happen many more times now they're older and doing their own thing! The photo was wonderful and it really did make me happy to see them all together having a great time, even though I wasn't there in person!
Wow... long post.. Serves me right for leaving it so long between blogs!!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful, Happy Monday!
Take care,

17 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Teresa so fantastic you got to meet up with some of the girls...........sounds like Melbourne was wonderful..........

BubzRugz said...

Phew - you packed a lot in on that trip..... looks like a wonderful time was had....
Hugz

marina said...

I enjoyed being tour guide barbie for you. Shame you didn't put the slimming lens on the photo of me lol. Hey the internet hasn't shut down?
Is that your new hairdo in the pic of the tram car restauraunt?
It was fantastic meeting up with you in Melbourne and so lovely of your brother and sil to spoil you.
Well deserved!

Selina said...

Wow! It's looks like you had soooo much fun! Glad to have you home though!

xx

Jantine said...

That must have been great, spending time with your family and catch up with some quilting buddies!
Thanks for charing all this fun and yes... I am afraid you will definitely miss more of their birthdays, but I bet the first is just the saddest!

Vicki said...

Thank you for sharing your holiday highlights, T. Feel like I've been there too:)

*karendianne. said...

What a delightful post. It's so neat that you've been able to have a nice break and meet up with some of your very special friends and family. That photo of Jack and Leadership camp looks pretty exciting!!!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Teresa, Welcome back. I absolutely loved all your photos of your holiday in Melbourne. How neat to meet up with a couple of your blogging friends. I think I would of loved browsing around in Luccello Vintage store too. I epecially loved the beach photo and the Lavender photo was fantastic. Amazing that the country place had so much of it. Very pretty site. Hugs Judy

Cattinka said...

I am happy that you had such a nice vacation, and I am also happy that you are back!
KATRIN W.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow....looks like you had the perfect holiday Teresa...great photos...

Maree: said...

Great Photo's of your trip..Love that you met some of our lovely bloggers in real...
that Tram ride looks Amazing...
Glad you had a Good Time...
cheers

retdairyqueen said...

Seems like you had a great holiday
Maybe next time you are in Melbourne I could be one of those Blogging friends you catch up with

Lynda said...

Such a wonderful holiday Teresa - I love the Colonial Tram. Lucky enough to have been on it twice, one time for Jenni's 21st birthday dinner.

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing your holiday with us, Teresa. And thanks for the inspirations for more activities to do in Melb when I visit next,. Note to self: MUST go to l'ucello. Did you go to the button store in the same building too? Where is the country house with all the lavender; it looks like Lavandula at Shepherds Flat but I'm sure there must be lots of similar ones. Glad you enjoyed marvellous Melbourne and your stay with your lovely family; glad you're back in blogland!

Dianne said...

Welcome back Teresa, and thank you for sharing about that dreamy shop in Melbourne. A friend and I are going to the Quilt Convention in April and we are staying not far from there. Oh dear.. we may just have to live on bread and water now so we can spend up at l'uccello. Yum. Melbourne is such a great place to visit, also have to lose about 5 kilos so we can indulge in the many wonderful restaurants. Loved your tour and your happy Mondays. Di.

MichelleW said...

You sure packed alot of wonderful stuff in but can I just say, I want to be in that second picture down, right now! It looks soooo perfect :0)

So pleased you had such a brilliant break and made such happy memories - thank you for sharing them x

Vicki ♥ said...

Great to see you arrived home safe and sound Teresa and you say the sweetest things :) I loved meeting up with you too and will definately have to meet up again when you are next here in Melbourne and Thanks for showing us about the Tram trip...I want to do that now with my hubby. :) Thanks for a fab time I loved every minute of it :) hugs Vicki xx