Thursday, February 24, 2011

Teddy Bears Picnic

Today I thought I would get these guys out for a picnic with Melody over at "The House on the Side of the Hill."
The beauty of making bears (by hand) is that you can basically make them anywhere. They don't take up much room, or need a sewing machine... just a few needles and pins and some strong sewing thread. These 3 teddies were made when I traveled around Europe nearly 10 years ago. Each bear has something with them, or wearing something relative to the Country that they were made in. There were 4 bears, but a friend of mine fell in love with my "German" bear and he has gone to live with her.
Introducing Bentley, who was finished in London and is holding some daffodils. This daffodil brooch was being sold everywhere in London to raise funds for Cancer research. I love Bentley's mohair fur... it's called "Rod Stewart".
This little guy is Ouzo and was made in Greece (actually on the little island of Kithira where my husbands family is from). He has a Greek "eye" around his neck and it's a lucky charm.
Last, but not least, is Saffron (named after the colour of his fur he's made out of)...
Oh yes, he was made in Paris. He's so cute and has a little floppy head. He's wearing a little Eiffel Tower charm around his neck.
They are looking forward to the picnic Melody!
.....
After a flat tyre this morning, I am off for a coffee with a lovely blogging friend, Selina... It was supposed to be morning tea, but I wasn't going anywhere until I got the tyre fixed, so we are now doing the "Afternoon Tea" thing. Maybe this time I will remember to take a photo!
Hope you are having a wonderful day...

17 comments:

Mistea said...

How gorgeous are these fellows. I love their travel stories.

Hope you enjoyed your afternoon tea.

Karen said...

Hi Teresa. These are lovely bears. It is great that each one has such special memories for you.
I hope they enjoyed the picnic.

Vicki said...

Your bears are great and I love the story behind each one. Hope you and Selina had a great afternoon tea :)

Cattinka said...

I like them all, too bad you can´t show us your German bear, I would have liked to see him too.
KATRIN W.

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a charming trio and very speical because of their travel tales. I particularly love Saffron. Such a gorgeous colour

BubzRugz said...

Hi Teresa, your bears have such lovely expressions... Have fun with Selina... I read her blog too and she sounds great fun...
Hugz

Merilyn said...

I love your little bears, they each have their very own distinct personalities! thankyou for sharing them with us!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Teresa, Love all your fellow teddies. I especially love the guy from Paris. I hope you made it to your luncheon. Hugs Judy

De said...

Very handsome fellows and how nice that they represent something from where you were visiting at the time!

Tatkis said...

Such lovely bears! And it is always interesting to read their stories, especially when they are so special :)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Sheila said...

How neat that you have made them all in different countries and I love the fact you have embellished them with some memento from the country they were made , just sweet !

MichelleW said...

Your bears are wonderful - I love their little charms from each country. They are all so fluffy and adorable.

Jantine said...

Gorgeous bears. Great to remember your trip. I like Saffron best, but that must be his long hair!

Melody said...

Thank you so much for coming on the picnic. Your little bears are adorable and what fabulous memories they must conjure up. I love their names.

helbel19 said...

Great bears Teresa, love their journey too.... terrific memories for you.

Helen

rozhearts said...

I just love all your little teddie stories, Such great memories. So glad these little fellows came out for the Teddy Bears picnic.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Jane in Wales said...

Wonderful bears!! I love the Greek one! What a great thing to do on travels, as they will keep all those memeories for you!
Jane