Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

A few years back I completed a year-long challenge by the wonderful, artistic Emily (an Aussie girl living in the US). The challenge was to turn a deck of cards into little masterpieces. Each card would represent a week of the year.
Each week Emily posed a question or statement and we had to answer it by altering a card anyway we saw fit. I used just about anything and everything I could to make my cards. I also used jumbo sized cards so I had a little more space to work on.
I just love my cards and I still go through them every now and then and enjoy doing so. The fun part was really in the making of them though. I am very glad I stuck to the challenge and completed the whole year.
I made a bag to keep them all in, but after 2 months I realised I needed something bigger to hold them all. This box is now their home.
I am off to Melody's to see who else is playing today.
I hope you're having a great Tuesday!

18 comments:

Janice said...

What a lovely treasure to look back over. Thanks for sharing.

Melody said...

What an amazing idea. It never ceases to amaze me what people think of. So clever. Thank you so much for sharing and joining Tuesday Treasures.

MichelleW said...

That is such a cool idea - I might do that for myself this year! I card a week isn't too daunting is it :0)

It must bring back so many memories looking through your box of cards.

Vicki said...

They look fantastic! Well worth the effort, Teresa!

Rochelle said...

What a fantastic treasure - I have made many things like this but never on a deck of cards.
I'm sure they have some wonderful memories attached.

Have a great day.

Fiona said...

They are just gorgeous Teresa - I would love to do something like that - Maybe you should run one :) Cheeky aren't I?

Hugs - Fee X

BubzRugz said...

I second that Fee....(above) what a lovely idea... and what fun you must have had...
Hugz

Sandy at Cookies and Cream Craft said...

How absolutely fantastic! The ARE little masterpieces...and I can see that they are very special. Thanks for sharing, Teresa.

mandapanda said...

Fabulous idea!! When I visit one day I'd love to go through them!

Maree: said...

Big Challenge you had but now have Lovely Memories...the cards look Great.
cheers

The Rusty Teapot said...

What a lovely Keepsake! I think thats a good paced Challenge, one tag a month! They look adorable Teresa!

RedBoots said...

Oh what a fantastic idea! How wonderful to be able to look back, to sort through them, and to enjoy them. I wish I'd known about this challenge when it was happening! toni xxx

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Teresa, Happy New Year. I hope all the flooding in QLD has not effected you. I have seen some awful photo of flooding. Very unbelievable to see things like this. Take care Hugs Judy

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Your Tuesday treasure this week has really hit a chord, Teresa. It is a fabulous idea and something wonderful to look back on. You sure have stickability when it comes to these projects. Wonderful!

marina said...

what a great idea. It would be like a picture journal.
what a treasure.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh how cute--and what a great memory each one is--plus like you said the challenge of making each one.
Hugs, Di and miss gracie

Home and Heart said...

What a clever idea! Love them! Thanks so much for your kind visits. I look forward to popping in more!

MichelleW said...

Hi Teresa - just to let you know I've linked to this blog post :0)