Friday, January 14, 2011

Flood Appeals

(Rosalie)
(Centenary Highway)

Yesterday we tried to get to my husbands work to see how badly flooded it was there. They have a creek that runs along the back and it floods easily. I took a couple of photos along the way... of things I have never seen before and I hope I never see again. We also went to check on my sister-in-laws house and this is how close it came up her street.....
We are standing in front of her house.
We are definitely the lucky ones.
I have been madly stitching away a sewing caddy to send to the Gum Tree girls (go HERE to see what those wonderful girls are doing for the flood victims)
I really wanted to get it finished before I head off to Melbourne tomorrow. I am spending some time with my brother and I'm pretty sure I won't find a sewing machine anywhere in his house!!!

I was very lucky to receive for Christmas from my lovely buddy Tereasa a sewing caddy pattern. How did she know I would need it so soon?
There are so many wonderful raffles and auctions out there and every little bit helps.

I will probably be MIA for a while as I'm not sure if I will get near a computer in the next couple of weeks.
I will catch up with you all when I get back .... I will miss you and will try and sneak on to a computer to see what you're all up to if I can.
Take care and see you soon,

17 comments:

Fiona said...

I still can't believe how many people have been affected. I am so pleased that you are okay though - I was worried sick for a little while. Have a wonderful time in Melbourne. Look forward to cacthing up when you get back. Love and Hugs - Fee X

marina said...

your caddy is lovely. I hope to make some sewing goodies too.
Bring your wellies down here too as it has been duck weather down here too.
It was pretty close for your sil.

BubzRugz said...

Your sewing caddy is lovely... have fun in Melbourne...
Hugz

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

have fun in Melbourne, are you going to the tennis again this year?
It is funny how things work out-re the sewing caddy pattern. Yours is lovely and I am sure the new owner will truly appreciate it.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Lynda said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Melbourne - the tennis will be fabulous.

The armchair caddy is beautiful.

Jeanette said...

Love what you made Teresa. Still finishing the embroidery on my contibution. :) Have fun in Melbourne. Hugs,

Joy said...

Love your caddy Teresa ... it's just gawjus!! Have a wonderful time in Melbourne, I hope you have a ball catching up with your brother!!
Love n hugs,
Joy :o)

Christine said...

Enjoy Melbourne

cheers
Christine
Brisbane/Australia

Cattinka said...

I like the caddy and stuff you made. You will make a woman very happy with it. I can´t even imagine how it would be if I lose all my sewing stuff.
Have a good time MIA and take care!
KATRIN W.

Susan said...

Enjoy Melbourne - and I love the sewing caddy - very pretty and a lot of love in it

Mistea said...

Pretty contribution you have made there.

Enjoy your break, though the weather is only slightly better than what you are experiencing there.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Teresa, Enjoy your visit with your brother. Your sewing caddy is very pretty indeed. Hugs Judy

Jantine said...

I hope you can enjoy your trip! Even with the floods near the house!

Bec said...

Amazing pictures and a beautiful sewing caddy that will be greaty appreciated by the recipient.

SheilaC said...

I have been following the flooding on the news, it is awful! Glad to hear you were spared.

have a good trip!

SheilaC

hilary said...

Here from Spain again, I'm glad you're ok even though the flooding, it must be frighteen....
Happy you are ok, I'm very warned about this because my husband is still living in Sydney...

I hope it will finish soon.
Best regards

Rebecka said...

So glad you are ok. So sorry to hear about all your floods. I hope the waters stay away from you.
You did beautiful work on your caddy.