Friday, December 10, 2010

Up to No Good....

This is my partner in crime... Tereasa (another one! I call her Trees) We have been misbehaving the last couple of weeks as some of the girls in our Stitching group have been away. Helen is on a cruise and thinks we have all been stitching away like mad while she has been gone......
Wrong!!! Trees and I thought we'd do a couple of road trips!! Last week we traveled out Cleveland way and found Bayside StitchCraft and Thread and Ginger.
My purchases from Bayside StitchCraft included some great "coffee" fabric for some mug rugs and mug bags I have in mind and of course a couple of the gorgeous scissors that you see popping up on everyone's blogs lately.
From Thread and Ginger I bought Natalies new book "Tis the Season" (which I'm so glad I did as we're doing this next year in the Stitch-A-Long with Chookyblue - who knew I had ESP???) Plus some great french-themed fabric and a cute little wooden tree decoration.
This week, though, we totally outdid last week and visited more places! This time we headed towards Ipswich.... to Rose Patchwork Cottage and the Country Quilt Co.
Rose Patchwork Cottage was gorgeous and I came home with lots of pretty fabrics and trim.
From the Country Quilt Co.. I went all Christmassy and bought a great Aussie Christmas stitchery and a cute little Reindeer pattern.
After that we went in search of the historic Old Flour Mill in Ipswich. Brilliant detective work, on our part, finally had us in the right spot and it was such a great place to visit.
Downstairs is an underground treasure trove of fabulous little shops. We found a great little antique shop,
the gorgeous "Handmade Heaven",
and the BEST cupcake shop ever!!!!! as well as lots of other shops!
White chocolate and macadamia nut cookies, with Christmas decoration, green candy "grass" for Santa's reindeers and cupcakes!!!
Devils Food (chocolate bliss!), Strawberry and Oreo (this one was for my son!) cupcakes.
They were simply amazing... the shop isn't called Di..licious for nothing!
One last purchase of the day... Trees and her gorgeous pale pink Laura Ashley basket. This shop was another find just across the road from the Old Flour Mill.
We had so much fun and it was a great day. Lunch at Queens Park was wonderful and we spent the day laughing, ducking in and out of shops, avoiding the rain as best we could.
We will have to do this again!!!
I've spoken to Helen on the phone while she's been away and she's asked if we've done any stitching in the last couple of weeks....
That would be a "No".....

Hope you're having a great week!

14 comments:

BubzRugz said...

What a lovely shopping day.... you now have lots to do next year.... I was wondering about that SAL... maybe next year you girls can make a trip up this way..... I'd love to take you on a Toowoomba tour....
Hugz

Melody said...

So many great places to go shopping. Lucky you.

Chookyblue...... said...

that will teach Helen for leaving you girls at home alone........your like naughty little children playing up..........sneeking out to beautiful shops.........LOL..........have fun........wonder what other mischief you can get up to before she gets home......
...and yes lucky you have esp.........isn't Nat's new book lovely....

Cattinka said...

That really sounds like fun, I am glad you had such a nice day out with your friend.
KATRIN W.

Christine said...

You two look like you had a wonderful time.
Must try and visit down that way looks like a good day out.
Have a merry christmas
Christine

Susan said...

I just love patchwork shop crawls - must plan a trip to Rose Patchwork Cottage as I have not been there before - thanks Teresa for your excellent travel itinerary!

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Your shop hop sounds like so much fun Teresa. Friends and I went to the Handmade Heaven a few months ago. Lovely shop and that old flour mill is set up so beautifully. We need to go back! Your photos and commentary in the blog are great. Di

mandapanda said...

Um, yes! You have done heaps! Just not together...
Love your stuff! I recognize the kookaburra Xmas pattern, it's Sandi's. I have some great coffee fabrics which wld work great with the ones you bought. Let me know if you'd like them!

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Teresa, I just discovered your lovely blog through my friend Bev's blog. I love your Up To No Good travels. The Old Floor Mill looked like an awesome place to browse about. I also enjoyed seeing your Christmas Decorations, especially the Wooden Nut Cracker. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hugs Judy

Jane in Wales said...

With all that wonderful shopping done, you will stitch twice as fast!!!!

Janice said...

Wow! You have found some really lovely treats. It sounds like you had the best time. Poor Helen missing out. That will teach her to go on a cruise.

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Looks like lots of spending fun. Love your purchases. I really like the fabrics with the dress makers dummies on them.
I still haven't managed to find those scissors where I shop. I'll keep looking :)

The Rusty Teapot said...

Hi Teresa! Looks like so much fun! Shopping.... Fabrics and Cupcakes! what more could a girl want lol!

Quilty Cat said...

Thanks for including the pic of the Old Flour Mill...I spent the later part of my growing up years in Ipswich....
DH and I drove out there last weekend when we were in Qld but the Rose Patchwork Place was closed, Didn't know about the shops in the Flour Mill.