Thursday, December 9, 2010

Swap Gifts and some more Christmas....

These are the beautiful gifts I received from my swap partner Simona in Chookyblue's SSCS Swap. I have been truly spoilt rotten!!! Simona lives in Croatia and these gorgeous decorations really reflect the beauty and colour of that country. Aren't they just gorgeous! They are going to look fantastic on my Christmas tree.
Included was a tea towel (with next years calendar on it) some beautiful lacey doileys, some fabric and these....
stunning hand crochet snowflake decorations. I am very lucky. Thank you so much Simona... I love everything you have sent me and you have been so generous. I cannot wait until Christmas to open my other present!
These pretty things are what I've received in my Advent swap hosted by Fee (who I was lucky enough to get as my partner). Every day up until Christmas we open a little present... it's so much fun and makes you feel like a little kid again opening a present each day! I love this swap. These are the first 6 gifts that I've opened ... some gorgeous Christmas decorations (I love the little elf) and some beautiful threads, fabric and a little notebook. Thanks Fee I am loving this swap and what you've sent me! xx
I've been meaning to post some photos of some of my other Christmas decorations that I've made in the past, but with all this rain, the photos have been very dark inside the house. Today is not much better... but here goes. These little "Joy" blocks I made a few years back and I love the primitive look of them. They aren't very big, only about 6 inches tall.
Another painted decoration for the tree.
This Santa is very tall and his legs hang way down to the second shelf of my little cupboard. He's holding a rustic barb-wire wreath saying "Rustic Xmas Blessings". It used to have little berries on it too, but my cats find them delicious and have eaten them all!!!
This is a wooden nutcracker I painted a few years back and he is one of my favourites! There is a lot of work in this guy and he took me ages to paint.
Sorry the pics are a little dark. I thought we might get a fine day today as the sun was out when I first woke up... but now it looks like rain again! This is very unusual for us at this time of the year. Usually it is stinking hot and humid and the cicadas are going beserk!
Oh well ... at least it's not hot!
Hope you are all having a wonderful Thursday!


11 comments:

Lynda said...

I love your painting Teresa - really beautiful. And those presents from Croatia are gorgeous.

BubzRugz said...

Lovely decorations that you have received and made.... so nice to have decorations that have such a lot of meaning hey?
Hugz

Joy said...

Your SSCS gifties are just gawjus, so are the ones you got from Fee ... what fun to open a pressie every day up til Christmas!!
Of course, I just LOVE your painted blocks lol ... soooo cute!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Selina said...

You spoke too soon woman!! It's sooo muggy here, having trouble breathing!

I am totally loving that wooden nutcracker, I can see why he is one of your favourites!

Susan said...

It is all just so lovely - yes I can imagine an advent swap would be fun - might suggest it to a friend or my group for next year. I think you got your wish about the weather - so far its been fine & sunny - and getting hotter.
\\O//
Susan

Melody said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful things.

mandapanda said...

Oh wow Teresa!!! Now I know you're good, but wow! I didn't know you could paint like that! No wonder Jack got you to paint those footballs!!
It's dark here too. The only thing that makes it feel like Christmas is the smell of mangoes! Usually its so sunny! And hot. All this cool weather is so not Christmas....well, for us anyway!
Love your swap pressies!!

Jantine said...

So many lovely presents...
Love the nut-cracker, he is just gorgeous!

Chookyblue...... said...

the parcel s are good at your place with the SSCS and advent swaps......lovely ornies from Simona......not long til Christmas now.........

Cattinka said...

I really like your christmas decoration, you make things just the way I like them.
And your little swap gifts are lovely too.
KATRIN W.

The Rusty Teapot said...

Oohhhh Who's a lucky girl! all those wonderful prezzies! LoVe the crochet snowflakes. Had a laugh about the cats eating the berries off the rustic santa lol.Great job on Mr Nutcracker, you really brought him to life!