Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Post for 2010

My last post for 2010 and I wanted to share some photos of my awesome Christmas Eve. For the last few years I have had to work on Christmas Eve, but lucky for me, this year I was free and managed to have one of the best days ever.
My eldest son, who moved out of home this year (and broke my heart!!!), rang and asked if we could spend the day together. I had no idea where he was taking me, so it was a great surprise to go to the Gallery of Modern Art in the city (Brisbane). The exhibition being held there at the moment is 21st Century - Art in the First Decade.
It's brilliant... if you live in Brisbane and get the chance to go, I highly recommend it.
I love that so many of the exhibits are interactive and it's all totally free as well.
This is James in the white leggo room with the tower he built.
This wall was huge and filled with thousands of ribbons called "I wish your wish". It is inspired by a Brazilian tradition and you are able to choose a ribbon with someone's wish on it and tie it around your wrist. The tradition is when the ribbon eventually falls off, the wish is granted.
I chose a wish that meant something to me as well...
It was "I wish I could spend more time with my family"

This is another interactive display where you were invited to choose one of the many wonderful postcards and send one to yourself.
This exhibit was amazing with all it's lights and mirrors.
See this slide? Yep, I went down it (and in a skirt as well!!!) and raced James to the bottom.
There are so many other amazing things to see and do. The room containing the birds (finches) is NOT to be missed... unfortunately you couldn't take any photos in this room.
Afterward we treated ourselves to a couple of the best burgers ever!
James and I had a great day and I enjoyed myself immensely.
Continuing my wonderful day... My youngest son, Jack, booked us into a new local restaurant for dinner. It was fabulous! Not only great company and yummy food... but Santa was there and posed with Jack and his girlfriend for a photo.
There was also live music, some Christmas carols and a great mixture of other songs that got us all singing along (even had Jack and his dad singing a few notes into the microphone!!!!)
It was wonderful and soooo much fun!

I cannot believe this year is drawing to a close and it has been a truly amazing year, although not all happy and upbeat. We've had some sadness with losing very dear, loved ones. We've had changes to the family and stresses as does everyone. But I try always to remember the best times and the happy times and I also try to make the most of every second that I have... especially when it comes to spending time with my family and friends.

I wish all the best to my wonderful blogging friends and their families for the New Year.
I look forward to staying in touch with the wonderful friends I have met and found along the way on this amazing journey of blogging.

I hope 2011 brings you happiness, good health and all the things you wish for!

See you next year!!

14 comments:

Susan said...

All the best to you Teresa - ts interesting to look back on a year and see what is really important and even though thre was some sadness I hope overall it was a good one! All the best for 2011.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love all your photos Teresa....Happy New Year I hope 2011 is one awesome year for you...xx

Joy said...

What a lovely Christmas Eve!!! I hope you have a fabulous new year Teresa and that 2011 brings lots of wonderful things your way :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Melody said...

Looks like you just had the BEST time. Hope 2011 is wonderful for you and your family.

BubzRugz said...

A fantastic time... I will have to get hubz to take me on a trip to the city....
Happy New Year.....
Hugz

Janice said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Christmas Eve. Have a very Happy New Year.

Mistea said...

That all looks like so much fun - what a fantastic way to spend Christmas Eve enjoying time with family.

Have a wonderful New Year - may the fun continue.

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Oh wow that Art exhibition looks like the best fun ever, I am so going when I get home. It does indeed look like you had a truly wonderful day.
Here is wishing you all things wonderful for 2011.
Happy New Year
Kiss Noises Linda

Cattinka said...

Thats the good thing about our memory, we seem to remember the good things and forget the bad things.
Happy New Year to you! I´ll see you!
KATRIN W.

Maree: said...

Thanks for Sharing looked like a Fab Day...
cheers

jeanette h said...

Looks like great time had by all,I hope you and yours have a wonderful New Year Teresa, keep smiling, cheers Jeanette x

Kerri said...

Looks like a fantastic day and a fantastic place. So much fun. I hope your wish comes true for you and your family. Looking forward to 2011

Vicki ♥ said...

You go to some wonderful places Teresa and certainly make a lot of wonderful memories :) So pleasing to read all that you do :) hugs Vicki xxxx

The Rusty Teapot said...

What wonderful photos of your family and your day out! you must be so proud of them and they must be very proud to have such great parents!