Monday, November 1, 2010

What Makes Me Happy Week No. 44

This week I was asked to do some painting. They were for gifts for the School Sports captains, to be handed to them on Awards night, this Thursday. The idea was to paint the House's Logo (a red fire-breathing dragon!!!) and the recipients name onto each football.
Just a few minor concerns:
They're round - they don't stay still to be painted on.
The surface is rubber!
The surface is covered in words and quite a distinct texture.
I haven't painted (properly) for a good two years!!!


I am SO VERY HAPPY that this little project is finished and heading off to school with my son today!
Happy Monday! Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

17 comments:

Julie said...

wow! i hope they appreciate all your hard work. what an effort. no wonder they were giving you the heebie-jeebies. LOL
x

Selina said...

AWESOME job Teresa!!!! They look fabulous! I'm sure the recipients will love them to bits!

Vicki ♥ said...

They have turned out really good Teresa :) Certainly different thats for sure. I am glad I didnt have to paint them lol. Hugs Vicki xxx

Vicki said...

Well done, Teresa. You certainly are a multi-talented lady ;)

mandapanda said...

Oh Teresa! They are AWESOME!!!!! I am so glad you got them painted and so well too!!!

Marilyn said...

Quite a challenge, but one you have mastered very well. They look awesome.

Suzi-q said...

they look great, job well done

Jan said...

Well done you! You must have such a steady hand; hope you had a wine afterwards!

Melody said...

Wow, You are so talented. Thanks for sharing.

Cattinka said...

You really painted these? I think you did a great job.
KATRIN W.

Jantine said...

You did a great job! Don't think I could have done it ;-)

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

A job well done. I am sure the students will love them.
Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

you did a fantastic job. They look great!

Aunty said...

They look wonderful. What a unique gift.

Annette said...

What a fantastic job you've done. A really special gift for them to receive. Well done!

Mum said...

OMG they look fantastic, Jack never doubted his Mum could do it. I'm sorry but I had my doubts, when you said you had to cover red with white, & on a textured rubber. Have you sprayed anything over them, to protect the paint. I don't think we will have any trouble painting black on glass windows, when I get home. Love Mum

Robyn G. said...

Cool!! You rock, you talented girl!!
Bet you are relieved on this one...a job well done :-)