Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesdays Treasures

I am playing Tuesdays Treasures again today with Clare and I thought I would bring out these oldies....
The first ever single I bought was in 1978 and was "The Pushbike Song" by The Mixtures. Most of my albums and singles are from then until the early '80s.
I have never been able to part with them and the bands and singers are quite a mixture from Disco to Punk to Abba!!!! I remember the first time my sons saw them and asked me what "records" were....I just told them they were big CD's.
Today in Australia it's Melbourne Cup day, so we decided our Tuesday get together needed a little spicing up with yummy goodies to eat. Cheeses, quiches, mini pies, cheese cake, fresh strawberries and blueberries.Oh and some wine and champagne!!!
We had a lot of fun.....
I love this pic of Tereasa wearing Laurels hat (of course you have to have a hat for Melbourne Cup!!!)... earlier today the hat was described as a mouldy cabbage!!! Poor Laurel!
Can you tell it was another laughter filled Tuesday???

Hope you are having a great week... I am off to Clare's to see more treasures.

12 comments:

Melody said...

A great post which reminded me of my pile of vinyl records. I no longer have a turntable but I refuse to get rid of them.
Looks like you had lots of fun today. Have a great week.

Julie said...

now they do bring back memories. i sold all my singles and LP's a few years ago. we did keep some rare ones in mint condition, which are worth a bit.
looks like you had a fun day today.
:)

clare's craftroom said...

Oh the records are fantastic ! I remember saving my pay and heading straight for the record shop !
Thanks for showing us and playing along .

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Abba was my favourite...when I was 2 LOL
I had abba sock and undies a little t-shirt. Glad my music tastes got better as I got older hehehe
I remember a record mum had with them in a helicopter on the cover. Other than that I only had tapes then cd's. My kids have never seen a record

Annette said...

Wow you have a great collection of the old records....I can hear it now...riding along on the pushbike honey, when I noticed you..!!

Janice said...

You have a great little collection of singles there. Mum and Dad didn't have a decent record player, so I have no records. I have a few old cassettes. Mick has quite a decent record collection, but our turntable needs some attention, so at the moment they just sit there.
It looks like you had a wonderful day together. Lots of fun.
Now I'll have the Pushbike Song going around in my head all night.

Joy said...

What great pics ... looks like you all had a whale of a time :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)
PS ... did you have a win on the 'cup'??

marina said...

I love my old records and can't give them up. I even hunt out new ones at op shops. My boys have rediscovered some of the 'classics'.
Looks like you enjoyed the Melbourne cup spirit.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OMG...look at those records...I loved the Rocky Horror Picture Show...LOL...fantastic treasure...looks like you had fun yesterday...

Mistea said...

Lots of memories. I still have my records - just wish my player would work.

Glad you had some fun and frivolity on Cup Day.

Enjoy

Robyn G. said...

Oh hee hee, I remember some of those records!! Takes me back... *lol*

Oooh looks like you girls had the best time yesterday... good on ya... love all the delicious looking goodies and the cabbage hat!! :p

mandapanda said...

Oh man, you are old....All I can remember are cds! lol nah jj! My Dad still has a heap of records, and I can remember putting them on myself to play, as well as tapes.
Looks like you had so much fun!! You totally should have taken a hat too!! lol