Thursday, November 25, 2010

Just had to make this..... And a recipe....

I saw this great little mug bag tutorial on Bev's blog and knew I just had to make it.
You can find her tutorial HERE
It's such a great little pattern and very effective with the stripes on the handles and the bit of elastic in the gusset of the bag.
I made mine a little wider as I have one of those tall types of coffee mugs.
This was fun to make and I am sure I could find lots of other uses for it, not just for a coffee mug!
Thanks for a great tutorial Bev!

Now for a recipe that I meant to post about a few weeks ago (I told my Friends in Stitching girls I would post this recipe after a chat night... and well the weeks just got away... sorry!)
This is a yummy recipe we make often and uses a barbecue cooked chicken, which makes it a quick recipe too.
Chicken & Broccoli Bake

1 BBQ chook, chopped into pieces
250g broccoli, cut into florets
1 tin cream of chicken soup
300ml sour cream
1 tsp curry powder
4 shallots, chopped
grated tasty cheese
paprika

Cook broccoli in boiling water quickly (for about 2 minutes) then refresh in cold water.
Combine soup, sour cream, curry powder, shallots and salt and pepper in a bowl.
Place broccoli in base of a large non stick casserole dish. Top with chicken, then pour soup mixture over this. Sprinkle top with grated cheese and paprika.
Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 to 40 mins until golden brown.
Serve with rice.
Yummo!

Hope you are all having a wonderful, creative day!

12 comments:

Susan said...

That does sound quick & easy - I will be making that one very soon - probably with carrots & peas instead of broccoli for "the fussy one". Love your mug bag - would make a great present. Thanks for sharing.

The Rusty Teapot said...

YUM! this sounds great! Ive been looking for a simple type of curry to make.I'll have to try this one after I'm over this flu....Ive had enough of Chicken soup!. Thanks for posting this!

Cattinka said...

Your little bag looks nice, thanks for the link to the tutorial.
The food looks jummy, thanks for sharing your recepie.
KATRIN W .

Jan said...

Lovely little bag, Teresa, and that recipe sounds so yummy.

Melody said...

Thank you so much for the lonk. I don't have a mug bag so I'll have to make one.

Vicki said...

Yummy indeed. Make a very similar one myself, Teresa and it disappears fast!!! Love your new mug bag, will be very useful as well as pretty :)

Tatkis said...

Wonderful mug bag! Thanks a lot for the tutorial link and your chickey looks so tasty ;)

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Thank you for the link, Teresa. Will have to try and make one, and they would be lovely gifts too. Yours turned out beautifully. Thanks too for the recipe will try it out one day.

Maree: said...

How Cute is your Mug Bag..Love it..could we have a piccie of the Inside..sorry pain I know.
cheers

Jantine said...

Looks like a great bag and the recipe sounds mummy since I just love curry!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Glad you made the bag. Your recipe sounds delicious. We had chicken for tea tonight so will have to try this one.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

helbel19 said...

Mmmmm very interesting recipe, must try it. Love the mug bag too.

Helen