Monday, November 29, 2010

What Makes Me Happy Week No. 48

What makes me happy? My brother!
My "little" brother was born when I was `10 years old... Perfect!!!
I had the best "doll" in the world...
We were always very close and I absolutely adore my baby brother.
You could not have asked for a better sibling.
Now he is all grown up and living 2 states away and I miss him terribly.
The only wonderful thing about the distance is that he does come home to Brisbane throughout the year, mainly for work and he ALWAYS makes sure EVERY visit home that we get together while he is here.
We have lunch, or dinner or spend the day together if time permits.
He NEVER forgets to catch up and spend some time with me.
He is the BEST and I love him dearly.
Last January he invited me to stay with him in Melbourne and I had such a wonderful time, I am doing it all again next January.
I cannot wait to catch up and spend some more precious time with him.

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega

Hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!

11 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Don't you just love brothers! MIne is a year older than me, he lives not far from you and I miss him dearly too. I haven't seen him in ages but we communicate through email and the occassional phonecall.
Hugs
Jo

Tereasa said...

I had three baby brothers (dolls) to play with...always lots of fun. I was also ten when the youngest was born...can you beleive it...we have the same name, the same birthday, how funny!

BubzRugz said...

A very, very good reason to be happy....
Hugz

marina said...

You are very lucky to have such a relationship with your brother. Definitely a treasure.

retdairyqueen said...

All my life I so wanted a brother
Never got one though You are lucky to have such a relationship with him

Susan said...

Lucky you to have a lovely brother like that - and lucky (in some ways) he lives in Melbourne - another world of quilt shops - and Quilt shows - like AQC. Does he take bookings?? (he he)

Anita said...

Hi Teresa, My toes are curling up....I'm so happy for you and your brother. It would be nice to have a brother or sister you are that close to. Enjoy. Kind regards, Anita.

Home and Heart said...

Teresa I think it is WONDERFUL you and your brother are so close! I have a two, and one whom I rarely see. Close families are great!!

Rebecka said...

Teresa thanks for sharing such wonderful thoughts and photos of you and your brother. It's great to have family because they are always there for you!! Have fun in January with your brother!

Mum said...

G'day Darlin, Loved your post you made your Mum cry, my heart bursts with pride, I am the lucky one. Love Always Mum

SheilaC said...

You guys are too cute together :)

And I love the quote you shared!

SheilaCd