Monday, October 18, 2010

What Makes Me Happy Week No. 42

What makes me happy this week?
SURPRISES!!
My husband is a very "spur of the moment" person and every now and then likes to just drop everything and drive somewhere, or plan something or do something without giving me any details as to what, where, why or who. Yesterday... was one of those days...
All I was told was we were going somewhere that would take about an hour and a half to get there, would be about 5 hours long and I would have to dress semi casual.
We arrived in Petrie and went to Old Petrie Town. This is a gorgeous little village full of little, old houses that have been turned into shops. On the weekends they have the best markets there.
I found this wonderful shop called TrishAlan Designs where they make the most beautiful hand dyed fabrics and threads. (Have a look at her page.. she has some fantastic tutorials there).
I was pretty happy!!!
This lovely hand dyed t-shirt found it's way into my bag as well as these.....
Yummy hand dyed silk threads!!!
Nice little shop and they do all the dyeing right there in this cute little house.
But the real reason we were at Old Petrie Town, was to go to the Pioneer Village Country Music Club.
Two wonderful country singers, Dianna Corcoran and Aleyce Simmons were putting on a concert and we were there to see them. They decided to join up and do the whole show together and it was just fantastic. Both played their own songs alternately and all done with just the 3 guitars. The girls really complimented each other and I think they had as much fun as the audience did.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Great music, great food, great atmosphere.


Of course there was some autographs to get at the end and we had them sign everything to my son Jack... who (being a guitar player himself) would have loved to have been there and caught their show as well.
I am very lucky to have had this surprise given to me and it was such an awesome day.
Mind you, in the past my husband's surprises have landed me at car shows and car race tracks and even a bush walk where I nearly broke my ankle as I had on the most inappropriate shoes for bush walking that day!!! But you have to make the most of every moment and love every second of it.... take the good with the bad.
This day was lucky enough to be perfect!
Hope you are having a wonderful Happy Monday day!!

12 comments:

Melody said...

Sounds like a fantastic day. Wow, love the colour of those threads.

Vicki said...

What a wonderful surprise. I went to Old Petrie Town with my friend De a couple of years ago. Not enough time to spend there, unfortunately, but certainly plenty to see and do.

Fiona said...

Sounds like you had a fab day and WOW look at those gorgeous threads :)

Hugs - Fee X

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing. I just checked out Dianna Corcoran and Aleyce Simmons. Wow, impressive Australian singers.

Helen said...

Oops, forgot to mention that I love the color of the threads. To stitch with those would be awesome :)

BubzRugz said...

Oh wow - what a lovely treat.... I'd say you have a keeper there (but from the tone of the post you already know that!!)
Hugz

Anita said...

Hi Teresa, Well your hubby did well this time hey? Thanks for sharing the photo's, old houses really take you back don't they. I love the things that jumped in your bag. Kind regards, Anita.

mandapanda said...

wow! Wish we had places we could go to near-by but everything is more than 3 hours drive! lol I love seeing the places he takes you!!

Jantine said...

Sounds like a great day and an even better husband ;-)

Home and Heart said...

What a sweet hubby you have!! I must admit I would prefer shopping to hiking!! Thank you for your sweet visit and comment too!

Cattinka said...

How nice of your husband to take you on secret trips, it must have been a wonderful day!
KATRIN W.

Bev C said...

Teresa, oh such a happy day. Love those threads and the shirt you managed to buy. Looking forward to hearing about your next mystery tour.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxox