Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesdays Treasures

This weeks treasure is a little Christmas quilt I made 10 years ago. What makes it so special is that my sons (aged 9 and 6 at the time) used their hands to paint the angels bodys and wings.
They used their fingers to paint the angels hair and hands.


Another treasure along the same lines is my painting apron. This would also be 10 years old and I wore it to painting classes. The boys also painted the angel on the front...
James' hands for the wings, and Jacks hand for the body.
I just love these little angels and I love to remember how small my sons hands were back then.
I also remember, that the boys had no problem covering their hands in paint and being extemely messy!!!
Pop over to Clare's blog and see who else is showing their treasures today....

13 comments:

marina said...

they are just so beautiful Teresa. I can see why they are such a treasure.

Melody said...

What a clever idea. These are adorable.

Janice said...

How very clever. I can imagine they would have been right in their element being encouraged to get paint all over their hands. Treasures indeed.

retdairyqueen said...

What lovely angels and beautiful memories

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Great idea...they are really cute!

clare's craftroom said...

Oh they are beautiful ! Thanks for showing us and playing along Teresa .

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now they are just so precious Teresa.....I just love how the hands have been used for the wings....

Roseanne said...

What beautiful memories they are handprint for wings.

mandapanda said...

Now that, Teresa, is just gorgeous!!! You should get them to do another one each, every 10 years, so you can see how their hands have/are changing!!

Jenny said...

What a clever idea with the angel wings, such a beautiful way to keep your memories! Hope you are having a great week!
Jen xo

Jantine said...

What a treasure indeed. Love the idea of what you can do with hands and paint! I made trees last year with the kids at school. Those angels are really something to remember!

BubzRugz said...

Hey - those are so great and such a clever idea.....
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Wonderful treasure, Teresa.