Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Fun

Even though Halloween isn't very big here in Australia, it's been slowly growing each year and we see more and more decorations and costumes about. I found this great free printable book cover HERE and thought it was a fun idea! You just print it out and cover any book (I've used a plain old notebook). The beauty is when Halloween is over, you can take the cover off and fold it away until next year.
On the back it says "A Witch's work is never done!"
I've also made this small wall quilt full of pumpkins and witches.
More cute than scary I think!
I've just been to visit Amanda's blog and she has some wonderful links for making pumpkins - LOTS of different pumpkins!!! Might have to try and fit in a pumpkin to sit next to my Witch's book!
Hope you are all having a wonderful, creative week!


9 comments:

hilary said...

Hi Terese:
I agree with you, your quilt is more cute than scary, but I like more in this way, really beautiful!

helbel19 said...

Very cute quilt Teresa and what a great idea for a book cover.

Helen

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

W O W ........ I ADORE your quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fabric is awesome! I just got two patterns in the mail yesterday for a couple of witches that are similar to the ones in your quilt. Very cutsie raggedy type dolls:)
Looking for some fabric for the bodies so I can make them up
I love the boot in the top pic too. Is that yours? I would so wear shoes like that :)

Joy said...

Oh Teresa I'm in love with that Witchy-poo boot!! It's fabulous :o)!!!! Your quilt is gawjus too, definitely not scary at all lol.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

BubzRugz said...

Such fun......... the wall hanging is great.....
I saw real pumpkins for sale $20 each!! Want some????
Hugz

Fiona said...

Love your quilt and the book cover is lovely - I am going to pop over and take a look at the link - Thanks :)

Hugs - Fee X

Kerryanne English said...

Halloween is certainly picking up momentum in Australia now. My daughter is going out trick or treating for the first time this year.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Jacqueline said...

I love the book cover. My children love Halloween

Mum said...

Ooooh so cute, not like the scarey stuff I saw at Mad Harrys yesterday. The schools here in Alice must be celebrating, as the shop was full of kids getting Halloween stuff. Love Mum