Monday, September 13, 2010

What Makes Me Happy Week No. 37

What is making me happy this week?
Parcels in the mail.......
I love receiving mail and this week I have received some really wonderful parcels.This gorgeous washer necklace was made by Ashley Whipple from Cute as a Fox Creations. Her sister is raising funds for Breast Cancer Awareness and to help her raise as much as she can, Ashley is making these necklaces.
This is the back of the necklace, which I think is just as lovely as the front.
You have a choice of different sayings and I chose this one that says
"Celebrate Life".
My blogging friend Kylie, (who knows how much I love the Rouenerries and Rural Jardin range of fabrics), pointed me towards their new range of fabric called "Lumiere de Noel".
After seeing a beautiful table runner pattern here at Moda Bake Shop using this fabric.... I purchased enough to make two table runners (one for a Christmas present).
In the picture you can also see a book. It's called Sew Serendipity and has some really lovely skirt, dress, top and jacket patterns in it. This was another parcel in the mail!! Time to get back to sewing some clothes like I used to!

Another wonderful, surprise package I received this week was from Fiona of BubzRugz. We are currently playing with wool jumpers to try our hand at wool felting. Fiona has sent me 5 gorgeous pieces that she has already felted (along with some sweet goodies and a cute little mobile phone holder she made). Fiona's have turned out really well and I can't wait to do some stitching with them.
Stay tuned - I hope to show you soon how mine worked out... I have 6 jumpers I picked up on the weekend (all for $6 total!!!) and some left over wool dressing gown to try. So our stash of colours should increase very soon. The wonderful Selina helped with the how-to's in this process (a big Thank You to you Selina!).
I have also been in a 'Paper Bag Swap' with Anita. Her parcel arrived this week as well and these are the gorgeous things she made for me....
The cutest little redwork mini quilt banner....
with three angels perfectly stitched....
some beautiful star buttons and this oh-so-cute little angel! How sweet is she?
So the postman has been my favourite person this week!
As you can see, my blogging friends have been a big part of my life this week....
and I'm loving it.
Hope you all have a Wonderful Happy Monday!
Teresa xx
P.S....
On my way out this afternoon to pick up my son from school....
There was ANOTHER parcel!!!
How awesome is this......
The wonderful Marina saw my post last week on collecting Blue Willow
and sent me this.....
Two gorgeous pieces of Blue Willow fabric and the most beautiful
Blue Willow card!
How lovely and thoughtful is that?
Thanks so much Marina.. you made my day!

8 comments:

BubzRugz said...

haha - you should get shares in Auspost.....
I Loooooove those little angels... and the book and the fabric..... so much niceness to look at.
Glad you had some luck with the woolies....
Hugz

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Great lot of mail,can't wait to see what you do with the felting. I recognise that paper bag!!! Ask Anita where it came from.
Good luck with the sewing.
Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxo

Jantine said...

Lucky you, so many parcels.... That is a great joy indeed! Love the new Christmas line too, just saw it last week!

marina said...

You have been stalked by the postie this week! Definitely makes no 37 a happy week.
More than happy to share...
cheers
Marina

Mum said...

G'day Darlin' Finally I have time to catch up on what you have been doing, what a week of gifts you have received, I have never seen Blue Willow in material or a card like Marina sent you, how beautiful, you must feel so special, what lovely friends you have. Talk soon. Love Mum

Vicki ♥ said...

You certainly did well with the parcels Teresa :) You deserve to get them too :) Lots of lovely things. hugs Vicki

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh Teresa, you're showered with loving smiles through the mail. I love it and can think of no one more deserving. Oh friend, how wonderful!!! Yours, *karendianne.

Melody said...

No wonder you are happy. What wonderful presents.