Friday, September 17, 2010

A Great Day and Finally Some Finishes.....

Today I was very lucky to spend the day with my eldest son. We went to our favourite place, Paddington, and spent the day checking out the shops, cafes and antique dealers.
We also found this park with the most gorgeous, huge tree in it.How cool is this lounge. It looks like a soft, comfy chair, but is actually a mosiac piece with thousands of little tiles. (It was still comfy surprisingly!). Check out the sweet little church across the road.
This is the "quilt" hanging over the back. The lounge also has the most wonderful view all the way to the city.
Of course we visited the Chocolate Shop and I bought this yummy chocolate spoon (complete with marshmallow) to put in a mug of hot milk. My youngest son tested it out the second I got home and said it was delicious. The block is orange and almond chocolate, and I have so far resisted it.... but not for long.
I found this lovely little dish in an antique shop. It is from around the 1950's. So sweet, I couldn't leave it behind. You can't tell in the photos, but the little branch over the top of the dish with the flower on it, is actually a handle.
NOW......
Finally I can show you some finishes for September.
It seems everything I am making this month is being sent off to someone and I have to wait for the recipient to receive them before I can show you what I've made.
This is what I sent to Anita (my Paper Bag swap partner).... a ring binder cover for her knitting patterns, a little sewing case that holds your scissors and needles, a glasses case, some hanging hearts with lavender inside and a little zippered bag.


This little bag was a lot of fun to make and very easy. I can see myself making more of these, as there are lots of options for the decoration on the front.
I found it here on Kristines blog and she emailed me the PDF.
Hopefully after the weekend I will have some more to show you.
Woo Hoo... it is now school holidays here for 2 weeks...
Hope you all have a wonderful, productive, creative weekend!!!
Teresa xx

18 comments:

BubzRugz said...

What a lovely little place you went to..... that lounge in the middle of the town is wonderful..... I've been wanting some garden furniture - I will show Hubz the picture and see what he can do????? (hahahaha) - one can dream...
Your presents you sent are so lovely - how did you do the middle panel for the binder cover? Looks like scrapbooking but in fabric?
Georgeous colours

Hugz

helbel19 said...

Wow that lounge is really something and as usual another great read on your blog. Nice pressies too.

Helen

Maree: said...

Love the piccie of you on that Gorgeous piece of art with the cute chuch in the background...sounds like a nice day & to top it off with that to die for chocolate spoon..might have to go find this shop...Lovely sewing too.
cheers

Vicki ♥ said...

That lounge looked great :) Lots of work went into making it thats for sure. I love the things you made for the Paper Bag swap. Fabulous Teresa :) hugs Vicki

Vicki said...

I just read Vicki's comment.... since she's already written what I wanted to say and pinched my name as well, I'm going to be cheeky and say ditto this time around :D

mandapanda said...

When I eventually come down for a visit, you so have to take me to Paddington! I love big trees, and that one is awesome!! I should send you a pic of one of my favourites just down in the park next to us.
I LOVE that couch, but then you knew that! lol Jack testing out the choccy spoon for you!! lol
Love the bowl!!
And I love everything you made for the paper bag swap! Anita was so spoiled!!!
Oh no... school holidays... that means the computer will be hi"jack"ed and I won't hear from you for ages!!!

KAYLEE said...

Hi Teresa, The items you have made are just gorgeous, the colours are glorious, Anita will love them. Cheers Kaylee

Fiona said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day - Love your finishes and especially love your treasure find - It is gorgeous.

Hugs - Fee XX

Diann said...

How clever is that lounge? Where is it? I will have to go and have a look. Love your little dish as well. You've done a terrific job on all your finishes. Well done!
Diann

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Awesome old tree!!!!!!!!!!!
love your stitched pieces :)

SheilaC said...

Thank you for sharing the great pics of your fun day with your son! That tree is absolutely amazing!!

Your gifts are so pretty, I love those colors together. Your swap partner will love them.

have a wonderful weekend
SheilaC

DAWNIE said...

Teresa how lucky is Anita - what an awesome present. Love the colours - lot it all - thanks for sharing.

marina said...

Looks like a great day by the pics!
Wonderful gifts you have made too. The colours blend so nicely.

*karendianne. said...

Oh my! Look at all the wonderful things you're sharing with us. That tree really grabbed my attention. Everything did really but mostly, as usual, I'm so amazed at your ability to create the sweetest things. Such talent!

Judith Tetley said...

Oh my goodness you are having a lovely month of "mixed happiness" Teresa. I just popped in to see how your September 'Early Bird Christmas Crafting' was going?? Our challenge this month is "Inspired by Nature"...don't forget it; only 10 days to go!
Hugs..Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

retdairyqueen said...

Such lucky recipients
What a great couch And the chocolate Oh My Gosh So much eye candy

Bec said...

An amazing lounge! mmm chocolate shop..... Beautiful gifts you have made for Anita, I am sure she is very happy with them!

Melody said...

What a fascinating post. Thanks for sharing the amazing and beautiful tree.