Monday, August 2, 2010

What Makes Me Happy Week No. 31

There are a couple of things making me REALLY happy this week...
The first is our cat Cookie, is slowly getting better every day.
She's eating well, which is a great sign and it's so nice to have her back home and able to look after her.
Another thing that makes me happy is when my husband decides on the spur of the moment to go for a drive.... I have learnt over the years that when he says this, I just drop everything and go... You never know where we will end up or what we will do... but more importantly - you never know when it will happen again ha ha!!
Yesterday... his spur of the moment "Lets go for a drive..." took us to Scarborough on the Redcliffe Peninsula (just over an hours drive away) to the very well known, and very busy, Morgans Seafood Restaurant for a yummy lunch right on the water front.
Then off to Lakeside to watch a few car races... (and a couple of bingles while we were there!)
Then the best part... we stopped to visit some friends. This is my wonderful friend Virginia in her gorgeous little French Cafe she has at the back of her house. It is so lovely! Virginia also makes the most amazing quilts... this is her latest....
I just love the colours and fabrics in this quilt, that she is in the process of quilting.
I love seeing friends, especially ones who live a fair way away and we don't get the chance to see very often. It made me very happy to catch up with Virginia!
I hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!
Teresa xx

13 comments:

SheilaC said...

Teresa your trip sounds like a lot of fun!!

And I am glad that Cookie is improving :)

SheilaC

Chartreuse Moose said...

So happy kitty is mending! Sounds like a delightful outing...and a mini-quilt show to boot! ;-)

BubzRugz said...

Yay - glad to hear Cookie is so much better... lovely drive out - I think Virginia's french cafe is so great- and the quilt colours.... Hugz
Fiona
PS like the new profile picture

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki said...

Try again - growled at some kids today for putting an apostrophe to show plural and darn well did it myself! Must be tired!
Anyway, that aside, wonderful way to spend your weekend and so pleased to hear that Cookie is eating again. We are staying two nights at Redcliffe when we are up next month as going to a wedding on the Saturday at Sandgate - and another one the following Saturday in the city. xxxxxxxxxx

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Glad Cookie is feeling better :) Your husband sounds just like mine... it's unreal some of the places we've ended up cause he felt like a drive.
I'll say "where we going?" He says "don't know...just point the car in 'that' direction and see where we end up"

Susan said...

That sounds lovely - anything spur of the moment is to be treasured. That coffee shop sounds intrigung - is it open to the public?? - I am ocassionally up that way and would love to go visit - especially with my best sewing mate - who also lives in that direction. Please let me know. Susan

helbel19 said...

So happy that your cat is feeling better and back home with you. Sounds like a great day out.

Helen

Mum said...

G'day My Darlin' sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, hope you got over your migraine. Cookie can only get better in a house full of love. Where is Virginia's place? Talk soon. Love you heaps.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the cat is better. The look on your boy's face while holding her said it all. I felt so bad for him.

Scully236 said...

Glad to hear Cookie is doing better. I went to Redcliffe a couple of months ago and it was just a beautiful seaside suburb.

Cardygirl said...

great to see Cookie improving!

mandapanda said...

So very glad that Cookie is slowly getting better!!! Poor little Cookie Monster...
Wish my family did sapre of the moment drives, sounds like fun!
Love your friends cafe! The pics on the walls - awesome! And that quilt top is sooooo nice!
Happy happy Monday! Hugs!