Friday, July 30, 2010

Two More Finishes for July....

I have been working on this little Christmas basket for a while now. It's part of Faeries in my Gardens Gift of the Month for last year. This basket is just one of five different Christmas decorations in the pattern..... and I am hoping to get them all done before THIS Christmas, seeing as I didn't get them done last year.
Lucky for me, my wonderful friend Helen is doing this with me, so I know I will get all the decorations made. She is my inspiration to get things completed, like my Girls Day Out quilt, my Needlewomans Cottage and more... She is a great motivator for me.
All four sides of the basket have something different embroidered on them. Lots of work, but a special piece for Christmas.
I've also made the next accessory in Kellys Sew Along. It's a great little case with decorative triangles sewn on each side. The whole top has velcro on it... so nothing will fall out of this.
That's five pieces in total now! What a great set this is going to be.
A photo to show you our street this morning. The fog had actually cleared quite a bit by the time I took this photo, but when I was driving home at 4.30 this morning, in the dark, it was terrible. It was so bad, I actually drove past our street! It was easily the worst fog I have ever driven in and the Brisbane airport had a lot of problems this morning due to the fog also.
I think it makes great photos!
Thank you to everyone who left lovely messages of support and best wishes for our cat Cookie.... She is home and slowly on the mend.
Hope you all have a wonderful, productive weekend!
Teresa xx

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely projects - The basket is gorgeous. What on earth were you doing on the road at 4.30am?

Cardygirl said...

That basket is gorgeous! I hate driving in fog...stay safe. We have had heavy fogs here too.

Joy said...

That's a beautiful basket Teresa, I love it. And the rest of the set is gawjus too!!!
We didn't get much fog here ... my friend in the city said they got it though, a real pea souper!!!
So glad Cookie's on the mend :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Chartreuse Moose said...

Delightful basket...amazing variety of stitching! Wonderful! Glad you stayed safe in the fog...nasty stuff when you have to be out in it!

Cattinka said...

Your basket looks very nice, and you have been very fast sewing that little case, didn´t the instructions just come out? How nice to have the whole set!
One more thing, I am really relieved to hear your cat is feeling better.
KATRIN W.

BubzRugz said...

Glad to hear Cookie is doing well.... your Christmas basket is just too.....oooo beautiful.... Hugz

Fiona

mandapanda said...

I am so glad that Cookie is home and on the mend!! Relief!!
Your sewing items are, as always, wonderful! That basket is just precious!
Don't tell me that about the airport and fog....

bettsylyn said...

We got the fog here too - it didn't clear until after the kids had gone to school. I'm glad you got your basket to work out and it looks beautiful. Cuddles to Cookie.

Dawn said...

Love the basket and the foggy photo, I was snug in bed at 4.30pm... you should have been by the sounds...
hugs Dawn x x x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

We had the fog as well....wow...you have had the best month....love the basket...

Jenny of Elefantz said...

love them all...basket is just beautiful!