Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesdays Treasures

When I was pregnant with my first child (20 years ago) Nike shoes were becoming very popular. They were huge in America and just breaking into our market here in Australia. You were only able to get adults shoes here at the time, but my sister in law had a friend travelling to America and had her bring me back a pair of baby Nike shoes for our new baby......
Both the boys wore them when they were little. Years later I had them bronzed as a little keepsake.
They may be small, but now they're bronzed they are quite heavy.
Both shoes have a little tag attached to them. On one is engraved the name of James and his birthdate and the other has Jacks name and his birthdate on it.
Cute idea hey? Now they are kept behind glass (with a few other things the boys had as babys), preserved forever.
I love them and can't believe my two, tall, lanky boys ever fit into them!!!
If you want to read more bloggers wonderful Treasures go to Clare's blog to see where it all started.......
Thanks for stopping by,
Teresa xx

12 comments:

Joy said...

They're so cute and what a fabulous keepsake!!! I'm going to keep that idea in mind for when my grandies come along :o)!!
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

clare's craftroom said...

What a gorgous idea , I love it!
Thanks for playing Teresa /

Robyn said...

This is a great idea Teresa and they are very cute!!
I know what you mean...can you believe our babies ever fitted into these teeny things??

Sooo special :-)

Sarah Lou said...

oh my buds have lile nikes like that! I love them bronzed!!

Anita said...

Hi Teresa, What a lovely idea to have the shoes bronzed....and I'm the same when I look at my boys and their little shoes they had. Is it really possible they actually were that small? Same with their deep voices that I am still getting used to!! Kind regards, Anita.

Janice said...

They are gorgeous. What a great way to remember when your boys were tiny.

Selina said...

Oh Teresa they are adorable!!! I have a little pair of adidas that were my daughters, this would be a fabulous thing to do to them!

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

they are gorgeous. They grow way too fast!

Sheila said...

Teresa, what a wonderful idea and such a treasure to have .Yes my boys are all grown up now too so you do wonder where the time goes.

BubzRugz said...

Those are cute Teresa and what a great idea....... Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Now that is what I call a treasure...so cute...

SheilaC said...

TOO cute :) Wonderful keepsake.

SheilaC