Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesdays Treasures

Wow, almost didn't make it on Tuesday (again) this week...
Today I want to show you 2 pieces of jewellery that my Mum gave me and I have treasured for some time now.
The first is a beautiful marcasite charm bracelet. My Mum's first job when she was about 17 was in a Jewellers and this is one of the first ever pieces of jewellery that she bought. It is so beautiful with Australian charms of a boomerang, koala, kangaroo, emu, a good luck horseshoe and the Sydney Harbour Bridge adorning it. When I was in my early teens, my Mum gave me this bracelet and I have always worn it when I needed a lot of luck - like job interviews! It has been very lucky for me!!

The other piece is a beautiful little marcasite guitar brooch. My Mum also gave me this, but it is older than the bracelet. Her father, my Grandfather, gave it to my Mum when she was 5 years old. I just love this little brooch and have worn it many, many times.
It was lovely to get them out again today. They are so special to me.
Teresa xx

12 comments:

Joy said...

I've never seen charms like those before!!! They're just beautiful Teresa! I used to have a marcasite watch many years ago ... I think I gave it to Mum, lol, I don't remember.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Lovely :)

clare's craftroom said...

Isn't it wonderful to show our very special treasures ! I just love your jewellery ! Thanks so much for playing .

Chartreuse Moose said...

Delightful memories! Each time you caress those dear little pieces of jewelry, I'm sure you feel a special hug from the past!

mandapanda said...

Oh Teresa! How wonderful! I love all those charms, especially that little kangaroo! And that guitar reminds me of Tamworth! lol I love marcasite, so pretty!

Sheila said...

Teresa , lovely pieces of jewelery , a treasure for sure and a wonderful history .

Linda said...

Beautiful charms! I've never seen anything like those before. Thanks for sharing!

SheilaC said...

Those charms are beautiful! I have never seen Australian theme charms before :)

And that guitar is wonderful and to have been in your family for so long now, I see why you treasure it so.

SHeilaC

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They are just gorgeous treasures...very special pieces to hold forever...

BubzRugz said...

Beautiful pieces of jewellery - I can see why you treasure them.... Bubz

Liz said...

the jewellery is amazing!!! real treasures Thank you for showing us.

Kat said...

How beautiful and special these gifts from your mom. Thanks for sharing your treasures.