Friday, July 23, 2010

Softie Swap

My Friends in Stitching group have just finished our Softie swap. This is what I made for my partner. I had so much fun making him that I didn't just make one bunny .....I made another one for my Early Bird Christmas challenge as well! I hope Peg likes her Tilda bunny! I love that they stand up by themselves. Oh and I love their carrots too!

The poor things aren't finished in this photo. I was trying to decide on buttons for their overalls.
This is the cutey I received from my partner Sue. Her name is "Beaut" and she is a Melly and Me pattern. I just love her. The fabric is gorgeous and Sue added some of the fabric for me to make something out of as well. Thanks so much Sue... I think she is adorable.
She is wearing a little apron! The colour isn't too good in the pics being late at night... but the fabric is just gorgeous. This was a fun swap. Nice to know we're not too old for a cuddly toy!

18 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

they look great Teresa.......nice to keep one for yourself too..........

Cardygirl said...

So cute & fun!

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Your rabbits are wonderful and it is cute how they can stand up. Peg will love hers, I'm sure.

BubzRugz said...

"Beaut" is very cute and those Tilda bunnies have got such character....... Hugz

Cubby House Crafts said...

Way too cute!!!
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Julie said...

ok, so i'm guessing that second bunny is for moi? yes, that must be right....

i have the perfect chair for him to live on. :)

Joy said...

Awww Teresa I just LOVE your bunnies ... and the little koala you got is just gawjus too. What a fun swap!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Maree: said...

They are sooo cute...Congrats on finishing your "Girls Day Out" quilt too..
cheers

Anita said...

Teresa, Your bunnies are too cute. You couldn't stop at just one eh? I love the material you used on the face of the softie toy. Sounds as if you have the softie bug! Kind regards, Anita.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well I am totally thrilled with my Tilda Bunny Teresa....he is just s perfect, will do a post tomorrow, no post for me today ran out of time....and how cute is Beaut...another fun swap...

Roseanne said...

I just love all the Softie.Tilda bunny is so cute I just love his hat and pants. Just love the fabric sue used for Beaut.

*karendianne. said...

How completely neat!!! Love these. Love everything. The bunnies are just wunnerful and with those carrots. Oh too cute. And Beaut is perfect. Love Beaut. Oh very happy to see what you have happening. Treat!

Cattinka said...

I can see that this swap was fun, your Tilda bunnies are soooo cute, and the Beaut you got is adorable.
KATRIN W.

DAWNIE said...

Very clever of you making two at one time - but will you end up keeping the Christmas challenge one?? very cute.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa, Glad those bunnies got to chosse there own buttons.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Robyn said...

Oh such fun and all so gorgeous :-)

mandapanda said...

Peg is going to LOVE him!!! Soooooo cute!!

Mum said...

Love your Tilda Bunnies, so glad I am back in "The Land of The Living" & have internet again. Love you Darlin'