Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's Been a Crazy Week!!

It has been such a mad, up and down week this week. Firstly this was our last Tuesday get-together at the shop.
Tereasa is shutting the shop this Friday and she will continue her business, but from home now and on-line. She was happy, but we were devastated. This won't stop us getting together on a Tuesday though. We will just have to change our venue.
There was yummy cake though to lift our spirits.
This week has also seen our beautiful cat struck down by a deadly tick. She has spent the last couple of nights in the Vet hospital and we are still hopeful she will make a complete recovery. She is an indoor cat, but was accidentally let out the other night. Just in a few hours, she managed to get herself 4 ticks, one unfortunately being a deadly female tick. By the time we found it, poor Cookie's back legs were paralysing and she had trouble breathing. We took her straight to the Vet and they have been doing everything they can to get her better.
I am also, slowly, catching up with all my block of the months. The above blocks are from Vicki's Flirting with Flowers.
Above and below are the next 2 blocks in the Jelly Roll sampler quilt.

In my favourite Rouenneries fabric is my Friends in Stitching block for this month.
And.... lastly, I have made the next accessory in Kellys Sew along... a sunglasses case.
We've made 4 things so far, including the bag. I am really enjoying this sew along.
Hopefully I will be back with some good news on Cookie.
Have a great week everyone,
Teresa xx

21 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

So sad to see a shop close it's doors but it looks like you've made some lovely friends! I hope Cookie makes a full recovery!

Vicki said...

Fingers crossed for your gorgeous Cookie, Teresa! On a happier note, what a prolific time you have had recently - I'm green to match your lovely bags, LOL

Selina said...

Sending good wishes for Cookie. One of our cats had a tick once and he was in a very bad way but recovered from it very well after his serum and a few days rest. Hoping this is the same for Cookie. This area is pretty bad for ticks though I didn't realise it was still tick season. Going to check the ginger cat now.

xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I am sure Cookie will be home safe and sound very soon....Lots of highs and lows this week Teresa...sending you a big hug..Peg

Dawn said...

sending warm hugs for you and cookie.. poor darling...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Julie said...

sending lots of hugs and positives wishes for cookie. those ticks are such a curse!

Julia said...

Fingers crossed for your darling Cookie, Teresa!
What a week for you,
Julia ♥

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of sewing happening here........sad news about the shop but atleast you still get to have time together sewing....
the Mystery block looks great in your fabrics.......

SheilaC said...

I hope Cookie will be ok... we have several diseases here that are spread by ticks too. HATE them!

Hugs!

PS Love your Authentic bag...

SheilaC

Fiona said...

Gosh I hope that Cookie will be okay.

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

I love all your blocks but especially love love love the flower blocks.
Hope your Cookie gets better soon. Poor thing.

Vicki said...

Thats a sad state of affairs with the shop shutting....hopefully your new venue for getting together will be just as good. I do hope your poor Cookie gets better....those ticks are horrible! Love your Roses blocks...the colours are superb Teresa :) You are going great guns with the sewing. hugs Vicki

Jeanette said...

I hope Cookie recovers. Poor puss. Your blocks look great. Hugs, Jeanette

Cattinka said...

Most important things first. I wish you all the best for Cookie, I hope she will come out of this all right.
Your sewing is very nice again, I especially like the "sew along" things you made. And for your friends and your tuesdays meetings, why don´t you just meet at your house, wouldn´t that be fun?
KATRIN W.

BubzRugz said...

Oh - poor Cookie, hope she feels lots better very soon.... your flirting with flowers is lovely - I have been downloading but not done any yet......... Blocks and sewalong looking lovely too. I love the green/grey and black...... Hugz

Wendy B said...

I feel for you and Cookie Teresa....I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to my puss, Charlie! I do love your flirty blocks....they look sensational, as do all the other things you've made! Sad about the shop but, as they say, wherever you lay your hat.... as long as the friedships stay and you gather 'somewhere'!
XX Big sugary hugs and prayers for Cookie!
Wendy

Cardygirl said...

Hope Cookie is improving!

Susan said...

Congratulations on your wins at the Show - Those last minute decisions are worth it sometimes!
I was going to enter a quilt this year too - have for the past two years but just didnt get around to it - oh well I have a definite project in mind for next year.

Sending lots of positve thoughts to Cookie - tell him to hang in there!
Yet another shop closing - there have been quite a few in and around Brisbane lately - very sad - nothing beats being able to see and feel fabric. Is that the shop at Jimboomba?? I didnt even get to visit it!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,
I would keep on meeting on a Tuesday if there was cake like that. Hope the shop owner feels ok,you must let everyone know her cyber address. Good luck to Cookie,hope the vet has been able to fix things up.
Love the French table runner.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Joy said...

Teresa I'm praying your darling kitty makes a full recovery really soon, poor little furry person!! Strangely, she looks so much like my Sophie ;o)!!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Judith Tetley said...

Great work Teresa..sorry to hear the shop is closing...seems to be happening everywhere. Our HObbysew shop will close at the end of August. I must say the lady on the left didn't hide her disappointment...lol!
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com