Thursday, July 8, 2010

Early Christmas Presents

Yesterday was a very productive day for me. It was raining, overcast and the weather was lovely and cool - perfect sewing weather!!!! With Judiths Early Christmas Gifting inspiring me to be ready for Christmas this year, I decided to cross off some of my family gifts on my Gift List.Firstly I made some cute Gingerbread men decorations. I always need Christmas decorations for presents leading up to Christmas and these I found in Tilda's book "Crafting Christmas Gifts".
They will also come in handy for that little extra bit you need for some gifts.
Secondly, I made this bag for my teenage niece. This is a Janelle Wind pattern called "Frilly Dilly Bag". I've made this bag before for the shop and at the time thought my niece would love this bag. Woo Hoo.... another gift out of the way.
Thirdly, in my favourite Rouenerries fabric, I made some more bags and holders.

This stationery folder has template plastic inside and holds it's shape really well. There's heaps of pockets for all your note paper, pens, envelopes, stamps etc.
The little zippered purse is from here. This is a great tutorial and actually makes 5 bags at once. This time I just made one, using a piece 8.5" x 18" and the quilt-as-you-go method. Nice and easy!!
The holder on the right is the perfect size to hold my 8" x 14"ruler and my rotary cutter (plus more). This is for the next retreat I go to in August.
For my Dad I made this remote control holder. It's from Faeries in my Garden and is one of the patterns I received last year in their Gift of the Month club. You can't see in the photo, but the fabric has a gorgeous texture to it and is really lovely. It holds the TV guide as well and up to 3 remotes. (My holder always has a tube of hand cream in it as well!!!)
So nice to get some presents made and crossed off my Gift List.
Hope you are all having a wonderful week.
Teresa xx

25 comments:

rozhearts said...

Wow Teresa you sure are a very busy sewer. I only wish I could do as much in a day. Just jealous I guess. What a great start to your Christmas sewing. I love all that you have made especially the wee gingerbread decorations they are so adorable.
Thanks for your comments on my blog I really do appreciate them.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Catherine said...

Great prezzies Teresa....you will be so ready for Christmas!! Cathyx

Selina said...

Phew! You always wear me out just looking at all your productiveness!! These all look fabulous!

LOVE TO STITCH BEE TREE DESIGNS said...

Wow, you've been very busy, quite a head start. I sure I wish I was part of your family.........great gifts!

Anita said...

Hi Teresa, This might be a bit personal...but I'm just wondering if you have a fairy godmother that is doing all your housework for you....just noticed how much sewing you've done.....lol. No stopping you hey? Good on you. Kind regards, Anita.

mandapanda said...

I just Love those gingerbread men!!! Sooooo cute!!! Look at those little bow ties!!! You should make some gingerbread girls to go with them. You chose great colours for teh frilly dilly bag. What do you mean by "the shop" though?
Great folder and cover and purse! Very sweet! (and thanks for offering to make a roll for my Mum!! I'll let you know!)
Are you throwing in the Homespun magazine with your Dads pressie? :D

Cattinka said...

Hi Teresa,
you made all that in one day? They will make beautiful gifts, I like everything you made. Thanks for the link to the little pouch, it looks very nice.
KATRIN W.

Vicki said...

Gosh Teresa....you certainly dont go slow do you? There are some fantastic things you have made and all will be loved and cherished I am sure :) hugs Vicki

helbel19 said...

A busy little possum as usual I see, great projects and how is that GDO going.... the count down is on you know.

Helen ( the nagging one)

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Love the little ginger bead men. Well done on getting some gifts done. I need to start that myself!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Lovely lot of sewing Teresa! Those gingerbread men are just way too cute!!!
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Sarah Lou said...

those are the CUTEST lil gingebread men ever and i love that dilly bag!

Roseanne said...

Boy you have been busy sewing. Love your gingerbread men they jst so cute

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of wonderful goodies.......

SheilaC said...

You have a nice jump on your Christmas giving!
I especially love those gingerbread men :)

SheilaC

Wendy B said...

Holey Teresa...it took soooo long to download your blog today.....so much there LOL.....what a great day you had!! Ifeel good that I'm catching up on my backlog of Vicki's Flirty Flower blocks over the last couple of days!!! You're truly whipping me! Love all that you've made BTW......just lovely! You have a very lucky family.
sugary hugs
Wendy :O) XX

KAYLEE said...

WOW Teresa these are great, I just love the little Ginger Bread Men sand the Frilly Dilly Bag. Cheers Kaylee

BubzRugz said...

Hi Teresa, those are such great gifts - you have made such a lot - (I love the gingerbread men decorations) I am also supposed to be getting some Early Bird Christmas gifts done and I have some started but I keep hoping some little elves will pop by and do some work whilst I am sleeping! You have given me some inspiration to get some done..... Hugz from Bubz

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa,

Love the goodies for Christmas. The little gingerbreads look good enough to eat. Have a great weekend.
Bev.xoxo

Rebecka said...

You have so much done for Christmas! I love your little Gingerbread men. I have that book also and there are so many ideas! Your niece is going to love that bag. So Cute!

Jantine said...

You are early indeed. I love those ginger bread mans best!

Aunty said...

These presents all look great. You certainly have been very busy.

Diann said...

I love your Frilly Dilly bag. The colours are just beautiful and it all looks so girly. You've done a marvellous job on all your Christmas crafting. Well done!

KaHolly said...

Aren't you inspirational? Thanks for the link for the zippered pouches! I'm excited to give them a try!! ~karen

Bec said...

WOW! You sure got alot done! Love it all..... cute gingerbread men!