Monday, June 7, 2010

What Makes Me Happy Week No. 23

This week, some Etsy purchases are making me very happy......
A little while back, my blogging friend Annette had a wonderful post about how she keeps a dish of old scrabble tiles on her coffee table. I thought this was a brilliant idea and so started searching...
I found these old wooden tiles on Etsy and before too long, they were mine! My kids have had so much fun, playing with them, and leaving little messages to each other, all over the place. Who would have thought you could have so much fun with them?I took the above photo and sent it to my mum in Perth.
They are hard to leave alone when the dish is sitting there in front of you!
Another purchase I couldn't live without is this gorgeous handmade necklace.
So cute.
And everyone knows how much I love vintage things!!!
I found these old fashioned, vintage inspired earrings!
Love them .....
Now better get back to sticking to my budget!!!
Handmade, vintage and simple fun things are making me very happy today!
Hope you are having a Happy Monday too!
Teresa xx

11 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

The scrabble tiles are a lovely idea. That necklace is very cute!

Diann said...

Love the necklace and earrings, Teresa! Monday is making me very happy today too. I'm still in my jammies because I have been sewing all morning! OMG! But I've nearly got a Christmas finish so that has to be good!

Rebecka said...

Your tiles are a great idea!! Your finds are beautiful!!

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

I love finding bargains too! Well done with your finds
Cheers :)
Shelley

Lurline said...

The tiles are a wonderful idea - wouldn't my little 6-year old grandchildren just love them - thanks for the idea! Love your other knick-knacks, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Joy said...

Teresa I'm in love with that necklace ... how absolutely gawjus!!!
Great idea with the tiles too ;o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Mum said...

Love Mondays so I get to see what you have been up to. Love you Mum

Mum said...

Always love Mondays when I can see what you have been up to or making, I too love the idea of the scrabble tiles on the table. Love you Mum

retdairyqueen said...

I love your jewellery Great finds

Sarah Lou said...

oh wow, i love those scrabble tiles!!!!! ill put that in my " to do when i dont have toddlers list!!!!"

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa, love what you use the scrabble tiles for. Have a great week with your sewing. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo