Sunday, June 27, 2010

Early Bird Christmas Challenge and more...

Just in the nick of time I have completed some Early Bird Christmas presents for Judiths challenge.
As I work nights, my fellow work mates and I are quite often trying to catch up on our sleep through the day. So for Christmas presents for the girls at work I thought I would make them some funky (and quite pretty) sleep masks. The challenge was to use no more than 2 fat eighths of fabric. Inside the masks I have 2 layers of black fabric and 2 layers of thin wadding, so there is no chance of any light getting through.

I spared no expense on the model......
How good is he? Not too many teenagers would just drop everything to model my sleeps masks for a photo shoot!!! Nothing phases him!
Now on to a couple of finishes... The above is the latest accessory in Kellys Sew Along.
It's a mini makeup roll and such a great idea for all those lip glosses and small tubes of handcream, etc.
That's 3 pieces that all go together now!
Above is this fortnights Jelly Roll Quilt Along block.
And this block is for my on line group Friends in Stitching block of the month.
Can you believe it's nearly the end of June!!! Half the year gone already. Where has the time gone this year?
My eldest son will be on a plane home from Melbourne later this evening... and I can't wait to see him. I have a feeling I know what I am going to be happy about tomorrow for my weekly "What Makes me Happy" post!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
Teresa xx

16 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Teresa, Oh your son looks lovely in floral and dots!! Not too many teenagers would model things for Mum, so lucky you. It looks like you've been very busy with your sewing...no wonder you can't believe it's almost the end of June. lol. Your sewing looks lovelys. Good for you. Kind regards, Anita.

Sarah said...

You son's are great at being your models! LOL!
Lots of lovely eye candy here as always Teresa! Great job!
x Sarah

Vicki said...

Great idea with the sleep masks. They look great and I am sure they will be very welcomed pressies. I love how your son models for you :) Your boys are gorgeous!
You certainly have been surging ahead with your things you are making too Teresa and I just dont know how you do it all :) Hugs Vicki

Suzi-q said...

Cute masks and you can wake him up now :)
love the 3 piece set you have made, so organised.
Enjoy whats left of the weekend

Rebecka said...

Your sleep masks are a great idea and I like your makeup roll idea. And, your son does look good in the sleeping mask. Hope your week goes great.

Judith Tetley said...

Oh Teresa your son is a "gem"...hope that photo doesn't come back to haunt him in front of his mates...lol.
Love your challenge idea and congratulations on creating 15 gifts...am counting your lunch box while it is in your box...perhaps your will make another one!
I am looking forward to challenging all of you again in July.
Hugs..Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com.

Roseanne said...

Your sleep mask look great. Love the model there is no stopping him now. All your other items that you have made are very nice as well.

mandapanda said...

I like the one with the green ruffles! That makeup roll is just what my Mum needs for her tablets and creams and such. And I like the new blocks!

Chartreuse Moose said...

Sleep masks are darling! I'm sure ever lady who is experiencing those midlife migraines would adore one of these too! Hmmm, an extra layer of black-out fabric...or a sprinkle of dried lavender (is that the sleep friendly herb?)between layers might be fun! I can see you'll be letting DS pick the topping for the next pizza...payment for his modeling debut! ;-)

Cattinka said...

Your masks will make nice gifts, and it is really amazing how you got your boy to let you take that picture. Very cute!
KATRIN W.

Joy said...

Oh Teresa LOL .... the least you could have done was to make a blue one for him he he he. What a top bloke he is to do the modelling for you ;o)!! The make up roll is a fabulous idea ... I could do with a big long one of those to put all my lippies in!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Bec said...

You have been busy Teresa! What a fantastic son to model your masks! I bet he got extra hugs that day!
Love the mini makeup roll you made; and the bagset that it goes with. They look great!
The blocks are coming along well, looking good!
Bec xxx

Dianne said...

Teresa, You still amaze me with how much you achieve. You must be a highly organized person. The sleep masks are such a wonderful idea.
The boys were ever so lucky to escape with just slight injury. Hope they throw the book at the drink driver! Wishing them well and you will be glad to have him back in your arms I am sure. Di

marilynd said...

Sleep masks - what a fantastic idea, and yours are so pretty and feminine. Great.

DAWNIE said...

wow you have a busy girl - so many finishes and such lovely work

jeanette h said...

yes i two love the sleep masks, very clever,you must be very orginazed well done lovely wotk as always take care x