Monday, May 10, 2010

What Makes me Happy Week No. 19

What Makes me happy?
Being a MUM!!!
I love being a mum! Especially as I have 2 wonderful sons (not at all bias he he!!)
The above pictures are of a Mothers Day Journal I made in 2007.
I love the quote inside:

With boys you always know where you stand....
right in the path of a hurricane.
(Emma Sombeck)

How true... but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Yesterday I was treated to a wonderful Mothers Day.
It didn't start off too great......
I worked until 4.30 am and left work only to find my car with a flat battery!
Finally arrived home at 5.30 am and thought I would be able to sleep in (after all it was Mothers Day). 2 hours later I was woken by son No. 1 telling me he needed a lift to work - we had half an hour before we had to leave. After driving an hour and a half round trip, I was back home!!!
I guess it's all part of being a mum!!!
Look at the wonderful things I received!!! Photos taken with my eldest sons funky new cameras with multiple lenses.... fluffy socks, chocolates, DVD and gorgeous bracelet from youngest son. The kicker here is that my youngest son spent his birthday money that he received the weekend before, on my present. It was just too special for words!!
Today I got to spend the day with James as he had a doctors appointment, so no Uni today. How yummy does my lunch look that he made?
Bruschetta and ice coffees!!!
My boys make my heart swell!
I love being a mum!
Here are another couple of quotes that stop and make you think.....
What every child is looking for is to know
"Do your eyes light up when I walk into the room?"
- Opray Winfrey
A Mothers love is a special place where children always have a home.
- Unknown
Hope you are all having a wonderful Monday!
Teresa xx

9 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That was a lovely post Teresa, you and I are both blessed.

nima said...

Glad to know that you had a lovely mothers day...

retdairyqueen said...

What lovely boys you have

Cubby House Crafts said...

So pleased your day improved and you were thoroughly spoilt! You have such lovely boys and it seems they appreciate all you do for them!
Lisa

Hapi said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Cardygirl said...

Glad you had such a happy day with your wonderful boys...especially as it started so oddly!

Sarah Lou said...

Oh look at that super spoilt woman you!!!
Glad your day got better then the start ad am very jealous of your socks!!! Love em!!!

love the saying!!!!

Asiyah said...

What good boys. You should be proud!!

Bec said...

What a lovely mothers day you had! Fabulous sayings....esp the hurricane one, so true!