Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May Finishes

Now that my mum has received her Mothers Day present I can show you what I made for her..

My mum loves butterflies and the colour purple. So when I found this fabric I knew I had to make her something with it. I only had 2 fat 1/4s and a piece of gorgeous purple batik fabric. I've made a cover for her laptop and one of my stationery folders.
The fabric is absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't (no matter how hard I tried) get a photo that showed the true deep purple that it was.
Below is this months block for my online group Friends in Stitching. This was the most difficult block to make so far, as the block has set in seams - which I have never done before. After a few bouts of unpicking (and some swearing!) I managed to finish the block and feel quite pleased that it didn't get the better of me.

These are the blocks so far for this quilt, all made in the Rouenneries fabric range....
I have also finished this months block of Vicki's Flirting with Flowers....
These are all five blocks so far for this quilt. I have used mostly fabrics from the William Morris range.
Hope you are all having a wonderful, productive week!
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Maree: said...

I'm sure your Mum just Loved her Goodies..they are Beautiful..Love what you have been up too...Very Busy Girl.lol
cheers

Mistea said...

Love your bug block.

Your mum's present is gorgeous that fabric looks beautiful - maybe my purple tinted glasses are giving me a true indication of the colour.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jeanette said...

Love what you made your Mum. Absolutely gorgeous. Your blocks look great. Hugs, Jeanette

Vicki said...

Your Mum is one lucky lady Teresa and it really looks fabulous :) Love the purple and the butterflies. I really love your blocks too that you are doing with your Friends in Stitching. Love the fabrics you are using and also your Flirting With Flowers BOMs are really fabulous. I like them better than mine lol. They look great :) hugs Vicki

nima said...

i'm sure that your momo will love that purple gift...fabric looks gorgeous.

Joy said...

Theresa those purple butterflies are sooo pretty, bet your Mum loved her pressie!!! Love all your blocks too, they look fabulous. You've been so busy ;o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Jantine said...

Your Mom is very lucky with presents made of these beautiful fabrics! Did she like them?
Love your Rouennerie blocks. I kept wondering about the contrast when I only use this range, but I think it well be okay...
The flower blocks are great too!

Mum said...

I loved my Mothers Day present, the fabric is the most gorgeous rich colours of purple & blue, I was over the moon. If we ever find more of this material, I would love curtains in our bus (motorhome). Love you so much my beautiful daughter. Mum

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love what you have made for your mum...as always so busy and so many gorgeous projects...

Sarah said...

Busy Busy Teresa! Love those stationary covers... they are a great idea! I bet your Mum oves it!
x Sarah

mandapanda said...

Ooh! I'm sure she loved them! That fabric is wonderful, even if you couldn't get the true colour to photograph (Don't you just hate that?).
All those blacks are looking fabulous put together! Well done on the set in seams!

Sarah Lou said...

oh Theresa, just heavenly! Your mumma is one lucky mumma!!!!

Cardygirl said...

Great blocks...love that French General every time I see it!

*karendianne. said...

Oh! My! Gosh! What delight. I love the purple fabric. Amazing. The french general blocks are delectable and gosh but you've been so busy whilst I've been gone... So fun to visit.