Monday, April 12, 2010

What Makes me Happy No. 15

Well I was sidetracked again today (You will see why at the bottom of my post!). I have not one, but two things making me extremely happy today!
Firstly, my original bout of happiness comes from.......
Starting a New Project!!!
(Although, in this case, it's an old project.... from August 2005 to be exact! - Who writes the dates in their books!!!!!!)
I love the process of deciding fabrics... Mixing and matching and putting everything together.
I was lucky this time as I had Tereasa and Helen helping me.
This project is The Gardeners Journal quilt. I bought the book and 2 metres of the border fabric 5 years ago, and thanks to a little 'push' I've decided to finally start it.
I am very happy to say that I have stitched, patched, pieced and put together the very first block!!!
Woo Hoo!!

Now to the second thing that is making me happy today....
Funny photos and my dorky son!!!
This is the photo my son, who was at the other end of the house (!!!!) sent to me, via the computer while I was trying very hard to do a serious post! He is going to a fancy dress party with a Harry Potter theme.
I laughed out loud when I saw it and every time I take another look it makes me crack up.

Gotta luv 'em!!!
He wants to know if he looks okay?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful, happy Monday!!

Teresa xx

18 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Has he got the Harry Potter scar on his forehead?
Your first block looks great, love your colour choices.

Mistea said...

That looks like a very fun project you have started there. I wont be doing that one but I will be checking out what you are all up to as one of my RLF is playing along over there.

Your son looks so cute as Harry!

Annette said...

I think he makes an awesome Harry. Your quilt will be beautiful.

Lynda said...

Gotta love a dorky boy! T=Your first block is lovely, especially like the spotty fabric.

Selina said...

He's going to KILL you when he sees that you put this on the internet!! hehe! He does look good though!

Mum said...

Hello my clever girl, I can't wait for Mondays to see what you have made, just so lovely.Love Mum. James you look great as Harry Love Granny Lee.

mandapanda said...

Oh wow! Looks like it's going to be a fabulous quilt!! Where do you put them/what do you do with them once you finish a quilt?
I love the birdbath block! I think it would be wonderful by itself also! maybe if you have any fabric left over you could stitch another one and make it a journal cover that matches the quilt? How coll would that be?!
Jack looks fantastic!!! lol I can see why you laughed at it! You must be endlessly entertained with him around! He needs a scar on his head though...

Roseanne said...

He is a great harry potter. Like the colours in the first block. My DD has her own blog now. She will post when she can.
Razzy

Cubby House Crafts said...

Now he looks the part....ask him if he can wave his wand to have my tea magically appear!lol! Fi's Chicken Wellington & Veg would be good!lol!
So pleased you joined in on the stitch a long! Love the colours you've chosen!
Lisa

Suzi-q said...

Lovely choice of fabric's...I was tempted to join in the fun on this one as I have had an eye on this pattern for a while but thought I had better stick to what I am doing.
A fantastic Harry Potter to by the way

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased the group have given you the push to get going......your fabrics and block look great......now to move onto the second block.......

your son looks great for the fancy dress.....funny pic.........

Asiyah said...

Your son is hilarious. What a great picture!

Joy said...

Ha ha .... your Son looks GREAT!!! Oh and I just love the block you've done ... are you using "Garden Party" fabrics??? They're SO gawjus!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Cardygirl said...

LOL! We have all taken a while with our GJ quilts! Yours is looking great already!

Greener Pastures Farm said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog! Many of your "faves" are also my faves, and not just vintage! Please visit my blog (and note that I moved my quilt stuff to another blog.) Links provided.

www.greenerpasturesfarm.blogspot.com
www.mommamadethis.blogspot.com

~ Ronda

clare's craftroom said...

Oh isn't he wonderful ! How could he not look ok when he's obviously having so much fun ! Love your fabrics too !

Anita said...

Hi there Teresa, hey you should ask your son what he wants to be when he gets older...he..he..he...Teenage kids just love goofing around don't they! Oh love your stitching too. Kind regards, Anita.

SheilaC said...

Your son makes a cute Harry Potter!!

he is adorable :)

SheilaC