Thursday, April 15, 2010

Binder, Bookmarks and Blocks!

Todays post is proudly brought to you by the letter
B
1. Binder......
I wanted to put all the wonderful recipes I've found in Blogland into a
Binder. I bought one of the lever arch binders and made a cover for it.

The redwork stitchery is a Bronwyn Hayes design and I thought very appropriate for a Recipe Binder!

2. Bookmarks.....
I found these gorgeous images at The Vintage Moth. Abbie has designed 4 old, vintage style bookmarks that you can simply print out onto paper or cardstock.
Once I printed mine out, I then adhered them to 2 more contrasting pieces of cardstock. I've inked the edges with black ink and punched a hole in the top of each one. I then went through my stash of old lace, satin and organza ribbons and tied a bow through the hole.
So lovely and easy. Abbie also has some beautiful rose images you can use for Mothers Day projects... I might have to go visit again.
3. Blocks......
Keeping up to date with this months blocks has been fun..
The above is Bunny Hills' Snowbound.
This is Moose on the Porch's Jelly Roll Quilt block.
I loved this block... It was very easy peasy to put together.
And lastly..... P.S. I Quilt's Pinwheel Sampler block. Loved these too!

Autumn is finally making it's presence felt and last night was the first night we haven't had the fan on! Woo Hoo... Roll on winter... It can't come soon enough for me.

Hope you are all having a wonderful, productive week!

Teresa xx


18 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your binder cover. Such a great idea. Hugs, Jeanette

Jo in TAS said...

Beautiful!!!
Bit chilly hear too, got my jacket back on :-(

Lynda said...

What a lovely stash of stuff! That's one of my favourite stitcheries - have used it a couple of times.

Mistea said...

Love the Red Brolly cook - perfect for a recipe binder.
Your blocks are all looking fabulous - mmmm nice colours.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Binder cover is gorgeous...just love it...you have been busy like the idea of the book marks, the blocks also look great Teresa..

Jacqueline said...

Binder cover is gorgeous and your blocksare very nice as well I have put your blog on my side bar friends..

Roseanne said...

very nice binder cover. very pritty blocks. You have been very busy...
Razzy

Cubby House Crafts said...

All your B's are Beautiful!! Especially love your Binder...such a great idea!
Lisa

Anita said...

Awww Teresa, I love those bookmarks....and the binder.....and your patchwork...I love it all. I'm mad on redwork myself, just gorgeous. Kind regards, Anita.

retdairyqueen said...

You do make the lovliest things

Jantine said...

Wow, that binder is great! I have been thinking of something like this for the tutorials I find and print from the Internet. Now I am convinced I have to! Only to find a proper stitchery and I can at last use the whisper weft you send me!
Love the blocks too! Especially the one prior to the last (can't remember the name)

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

I love everything you have shown in this post Teresa, especially the recipe binder - it is fab. Have bought some background fabric to do the snowbound quilt, a lot of catching up to do though. Yes the cooler weather is gorgeous, my favourite time of year! Di

KAYLEE said...

The binder cover is just gorgeous, I would like to know your secret to finding so much time to be able to do all of these crafts. I am going to also try "Jan's easy Moroccan Mince" sounds delicious. Cheers Kaylee

Noela said...

What can I say Teresa. Such lovely work and you are so quick. I especially love your recipe folder. You will have to give me lessons on time management. Hope to see you soon.

Robyn said...

Oh Teresa,
I love all that you're up to... love your work and your clever ideas!!
Thanks for the Show and Tell and the wonderful inspiration!!

hugs
Robyn xx

Abbie said...

Oh! The bookmarks look great! I love the borders! your embroidery and quilting is just lovely!
xoxo~
abbie
The Vintage Moth

Aunty said...

The binder looks lovely, I just love the fabrics and the stitchery.
The pinwheel blocks look great wioth beautiful colours.

mandapanda said...

Love the binder idea! I also love the new jelly roll quilt block! So easy yet effective! And you know I love all the pinwheels you make! I can't wait to see them all put together into a quilt! As I wrote to you, I'm in the middle of another cushion. Hopefully to be finished off tonight...