Monday, March 15, 2010

What Makes me Happy No. 11

What makes me happy???
Quilt Retreats!!!
This weekend I was lucky enough to go on my first ever Quilt Retreat and I had the BEST weekend ever!!! We stayed at the Quilter's Rest - an 850 acre cattle property just outside of Kingaroy.
We had simply gorgeous views from our lovely workshop verandah. Nice to sit and look at with a cup of coffee, first thing in the morning.
Then we sewed all day (and most of the night) without feeling guilty about the housework or anything else for that matter!
I got to spend 3 days with my best friends as well as meeting some lovely blogging friends in 'real life'.
Having someone cook for us all weekend and not having to clean up the mess was too good to be true!!
I might add that the food was delicious! We all came home with some of the recipes (and a few kilos heavier!)
AND some of us were lucky enough to finish their quilts!!!

I was ecstatic to get so many blocks finished on my bears paw quilt. This is a quilt I have wanted to make for years now. I managed to get 14 blocks finished!
We laughed, sewed, ate, sang, (some of us even danced - Jenny you were gorgeous!), chatted, told stories, got to know each other, relaxed, unwound, accomplished and most of all we were HAPPY!!!
Our hosts were amazing and made this such an enjoyable experience.
Thank you Lynda, Dianne, Jenny, Helen and Tereasa for making this the best weekend.
I hope we get to do this again.
Hope you are all having a Happy Monday!
Teresa xx

22 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Sounds like heaven
Oh how I would love to do that

Mistea said...

Looks like you had a super productive weekend, with good food and good company - doesn't get much better than that. Too much fun?

Roseanne said...

How luck for you all to meet up. I am glad that you had a good time together..

Sarah said...

What fun!! Friends, food and sewing..... what more would a girl want!! Lucky things!
x Sarah
PS: Were you allowed to play with the quilting frame and Q-bot too?

mandapanda said...

Oh my Teresa! I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time away!!! The place looks gorgeous (would have been that much better because of the rain so it was all nice and green too!) The quilts you all are working on look fantastic!!! Love your bear paws blocks! Glad you're home safe and sound!!!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

isn't it great when you get to meet up with your bloggy friends........

Sarah Lou said...

Oh sounds just heavenly!!

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

I can feel the buzz from just reading you post! What a fab way to spend a weekend...you quilt looks great!
Jane.

Kylie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Quilting retreats are the best - only 4 more sleeps until I go on mine - YIPPEE. xxx

Tozz said...

I am so pleased it was the best weekend for you Teresa....it sounds like you had a blast along with all the others. I must make it a goal of mine :) hugs Vicki

Jantine said...

That was indeed a great weekend. With good resluts ;-). Quilting friends are very precious!

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa, a lovely relaxing weekend with no cooking sounds like you all got a lot of patchworking done. Congrats on your Homespun win. Happy Monday.

Rebecka said...

I'm jealous. Looks like so much fun! The quilts are beatiful.

Cubby House Crafts said...

What a beautiful place! So pleased you had a fantastic time!
PS...Mushroom pins are verry addictive!!lol!
Lisa

SheilaC said...

OH That looks like so much fun!! Thanks for sharing the pics :)

SheilaC

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love your Bear Paw quilt...and it sounds like you guys had the most perfect time.

karyn johnson said...

yes the quilters rest is a beautiful place I went there last year and had the greatest time .I had to choose between there or a bridal expo this time I should have chosen kingaroy .there will be another time.Glad that everyone had a great time at all there retreats.cya x

Joy said...

What a fun weekend you had ... and what gawjus surroundings too!!! I must check that place out if we're ever out that way :o)!!
Love your Bear Paw too!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

AMIT said...

Great post but why happy no.11?

ad placing india

jilly said...

Always good to hear about someone having fun. Now you got me thinking...time to get away;-)

Love your Bear Paw quilt, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Blessings,
Jilly

Scully236 said...

Great progress on your bear paw and looks like a wonderful weekend! I can't wait for my retreat tomorrow - one more sleep!

Rae Ann said...

What a fun thing... spending time with your freinds... doing what you love... having no pressures. LOVE IT... LOVE IT... LOVE IT! So happy that you had a great time.
Your bearpaw quilt is turning out so pretty. Can't wait to see it done!