Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some Finishes.....

Woo Hoo!!! It's finished.. This is Dawn's "Baseco Mahal Kita" tote bag. I've made mine out of Modas 'Blessings' range of fabrics and I'm very happy with it.
The twill tape I've used on the corners of the bag had 'Joy' written on it
and were the perfect size.
The huge button I've used was one from my Nannas collection.
It's a great size and I am taking it on my retreat next weekend
- only 6 sleeps to go!
Now for something Easter-ish! Some cute little felt chocolate bunnies, guaranteed not to put the weight on! They were very quick to whip up and you will find the directions to make yourself some cute little bunnies, here.
Another finish was the washer (on the right). I usually crochet my washers/dish cloths, but I found this lovely little wash cloth pattern here. Mine did not turn out as lacy and lovely as Jodies, but I did manage to have the right number of stitches left on my needles at the end of each row. And believe me,
that was quite an accomplishment!!!
I have to admit that I would never have been able to knit this
without the help from my wonderful friend Helen.
(Thanks Helen xx)
Nice to have a couple of finishes under my belt.
Hope you are all having a wonderful, productive weekend!
Teresa xx

15 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Wow Teresa your bag looks GAWJUS!!!!! I've got my fabrics picked out and I'm going to start the stitcheries on mine this afternoon with a bit of luck ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Dawn said...

Oh wow alright that looks gorgeous....I think I like it better than mine.... now I must make another.... thanks for posting about it...
Hugs Dawn x x x

mandapanda said...

Awesome!!! Is is made with 5 inch squares? Cause if it is, you could totally enter it in Jennys March challenge! I am so going to miss you when you go away next weekend! I hope you have a wonderful time though, and bring back lots of stories and photos and finished items! If you see any wild animals (snakes, lizards, wallabies, koalas, ECHIDNAS etc!) don't forget to take photos for me!
Such cute little bunnies! I will have to make a couple!

Tozz said...

I love your bag Teresa...It looks really lovely. Love the big button too :) Have a fun time while you re away and come back all safe and sound :) hugs Vicki

Tozz said...

I meant to say I love your dishcloths too and I have got some patterns waiting for me to try them out...will have to soon thats for sure after seeing yours. They look great :)Hugs Vicki

Suzi-q said...

Nice bag and that button finished it off nicely.
Enjoy your retreat!!

Scully236 said...

Wow! your bag is absolutely gorgeous! I love that button - do you know I have never found one that big. Have a great retreat - I can't wait for mine in 12 sleeps.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice bag so many of us are off on retreats......

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your bag is truly gorgeous and made even more special with your Nannas button!
Hope you ahve a fantastic weekend at the retreat and look forward to your pics!
Lisa

Khris said...

Holy smokes woman...would stop being such a show off....LOL....how do you get so much done? Well done....you know I am just jealous...LOL..hugs Khris

Wendy B said...

Wow Teresa...that bag is 'da bomb'!!! I've got my stitcheries done and picked out the fabrics...hope to work on it during the evenings this week for a workshop next weekend!
Keep going girl...you are smokin!!!
sugary hugs
Wendy :O) xx

Fiona said...

The bag is gorgeous and the bunny delightful XX

Andréann said...

The bunnies are so cute with button eyes :D

Jelly Wares said...

It looks just gorgeous is the colour yarn that you chose Teresa!!!! I'm so glad that you perservered and got it finished...

Hugs
Jodie :)

Pansy said...

Thanks for the instructions to these low cal bunnys, I am going to make some for my Grandaughters