Thursday, March 11, 2010

Quick and Fun Post

Finally I can show you these little stationery holders I made for a couple of my blogging buddies. These were thank you gifts for the generosity of the lovely Clare and Lisa who I've met through blogging. Inside you can fit a notebook, or writing paper, as well as pockets for 4 pens and another pocket for envelopes or stamps. I must make myself one of these!!!

Now on to the quick and fun part....
Amanda has done a tutorial on these cute little mushroom pin toppers. I can't tell you how much fun these were to make, not to mention quick and easy too! Thanks Amanda for the great tutorial. I want to make some to take away this weekend, so I am going to have to make some more!
You will find Amanda's tutorial here.
Another quick and easy tutorial I found is for this great fabric flower. The original pattern is for a small hair clip, so I have made my petals from 4" squares (instead of 2") as I wanted a larger flower. This is to cover up a wine label on this freebie wine bag I got at Christmas when I purchased some bottles of wine!!! Not bad hey?
You will find the tutorial for the fabric flower here.
Now I just had to show you some photos of my wonderful friend Susan. We had a scrapping party last night, and as usual Susan had a theme and last night it was lady beetles. Don't you just love her antennae and wings?
She always decorates the table beautifully and it all coordinates! The glasses even had lady beetles on them.
These are our little gifts when we left... even the wrapping paper and ribbon was red with black spots! I don't know where she gets the time to do this, but we love it!!!

I am off on my first Quilt Retreat tomorrow for three days, so I hope to have lots to show you next week!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Teresa xx

17 comments:

Annette said...

Your stationary holders are so pretty. And thanks for the great tutorial links. I love those mushroom pins. Hope you have a super great time at your retreat.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Love my stationery holder...hoping you have the best time at your retreat...looking forward to show and tell time
Thankyou for the link to those adorable mushroom pins...on the agenda for the w/end!
Lisa

Arlette said...

Your stationary holders and pincushion are awesome. Love those mushroom pins!
Your flower looks great on the handbag too. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed the tutorial.
Aloha!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have the best time on your retreat Teresa, can't wait to see what you make.......love all your projects..

Jan said...

Love the flower; Letty does such great tutorials. Where does the stationery pattern come from? I would love to make some of those as gifts. Have a fab time at your retreat, you lucky girl.

Tozz said...

Not long now and you are off on your weekend of fun :) I like your stationary holders Teresa and love the mushroom pins...they are gorgeous :)hugs Vicki

retdairyqueen said...

Ditto to everything that has already been said
A Quilting Retreat sounds fabulous Enjoy

Jelly Wares said...

The stationery holders are gorgeous!!!

I love the scrappy party pix, what a super fun friend you have to organise such a great event..

Hugs
Jodie :)

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

Your things look lovely....the fabrics you've used for the stationery holders are beautiful and the pins & motif are sweet.
Have a fun weekend!
Jane.

Wendy B said...

Have fun on the weekend....as always - love your work!!!! Just went to visit Amanda's site.....thanks for recommending, it's great!
Great idea those stationery holders....your OPAM count will be up this month!
I'm off to a workshop this weekend too...will have to compare notes!!
sugary hugs XX Wendy :O)

Pansy said...

Found you through Noelas blog, now to sit back with my feet up with a cup'pa & enjoy the blog candy. Have fun on your weekend x

jeanette h said...

hi teresa, your a creative and clever woman,great idea for the flower, have fun on your camp cheers jeanette h

Jantine said...

You spoiled some friends with lovely presents! They are lucky!
Those mushroom pins are very nice, must go and check how to make them!

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Quilt retreats are fun, hope you have a blast. You seem to get so much good crafting done. love your stationery folders - a great idea for a gift.

Joy said...

How cute are your pin toppers!!!! I've made some too but I think I need more practice he he he.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

AMIT said...

Awesome pictures shared by you.

ad placing india

Bec said...

Love the stationery holders!
Looks like you had fun making the pin toppers! Very cute!