Monday, February 22, 2010

What Makes me Happy no. 8

What makes me happy???
Going to the markets!
Once a month our local school is the site for our Country Markets.I love going (when I remember to go that is!!)
And no visit to the markets is complete without having these to eat....
Dutch pancakes "poffertjes"- yummy!
There wasn't a lot of spending this time, but I did buy these delicious goodies....
Cinnamon almonds, frosted butter macadamias and honey roasted macadamias.
Oh and a cute little glass dish!
Well our little market isn't too bad, but it doesn't compare to the
Salamanca Markets in Hobart, Tasmania.
Last time we were there in Hobart, we were lucky enough to be staying a block away.
So I managed to spend quite a bit of time there.
Now this is one spectacular market that I would go to any chance I could get!!
The happiest part is my sons still love going too and we have a lot of fun
walking around, looking at all the wonderful handmade goodies
- and of course eating! - together.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!

Teresa xx

12 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Next time you visit Tassie we'll go together!

Bev C said...

Oh I agree with you on this one,always something interesting to see and buy at the markets. Your purchases have made me just a little hungry!! Have a great Monday.
Cheers from Bev.

Lurline said...

Looks wonderful - I'd be happy, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

SheilaC said...

Your market looks like fun! And isn't it great when our kids still want to hang out with us!? :)

SheilaC

Julia said...

Yummm good buy Teresa...I agree the Salamanca Markets in Hobart, Tasmania are fabulous!.
Julia ♥

retdairyqueen said...

I love markets

Joy said...

Mmmmm, I can never resist those little dutch pancakes, I LOVE them ;o)!!! Yours look like fun markets ... we must come and check them out sometime ;o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Kerri said...

I love going to a market or two. It looks great

Wendy B said...

they're a fave of mine too....except ours don't quite look the same......pity!!! Must visit sometime to compare !
XX sugary hugs :O)
Wendy

Cubby House Crafts said...

Can you believe I've only been to Salamanca once! And that was many years ago before kids. Hobarts only 1 1/2 hours drive from here, but two of our three kids get carsick and that doesn't make for a pleasant trip! Lisa

Shiree said...

I agree Theresa, markets are wonderful places, great to browse and look at the goods and meet up and chat to friends

Анна - Зонт said...

I can not believe in the reality of these photos. These flowers ...
We are covered with snow two meeters:)))