Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Some Finishes for February

I have always wanted to make something for Valentines Day and I found this great tutorial to make the above heart block here. It's a little like my string blocks, only with this block, you make all the blocks in one go. Cut them to make squares and turn them around, then add the white corners. It was lovely and easy and I am really happy with the way it turned out.

I have this little quilt hanger in my hallway and I usually have the same quilt hanging on it. Now I am going to try and make enough quilts for the seasons and holidays to be able to change it around throughout the year. Well at least I've made a start.... February!

With this table runner I was able to mark 2 things off my list... 1 - Make something for my sister-in-laws birthday and 2 - Finish a project for Stephanies String block challenge. You know how much I love these blocks, and as my sil loves coffee, I thought I would make this for her in coffee and cream colours. I am really happy with it and think I may make another....


This is the first block in Jenny's free BOM - "Bouquet". I was so determined to make this quilt this year that I made myself an ultimatum...make it before the 2nd block comes out or I can't make the quilt at all. I really work well under pressure!


This is the 2nd block in my on line groups BOM and it is the Georgia Block. I am so glad I decided to make this quilt in the Rouenneries fabrics. I just love them.
So far a good start to the month!
Hope you are all having a wonderful, creative week!

Teresa xx

24 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Teresa, all your February finishes so far are beautiful! You have a real eye for colour combinations!
I love what you did with my first Bouquet block - it's gorgeous. :-)

Annette said...

Wow, you have been extremely productive. Great projects all of them, I especially like the runner, the design and the colors.

Julie said...

lots of great finishes there teresa. i really like the wall hanging and table runner. well done!
x

Sarah Lou said...

Oh so much striingy goodness!! im loving the eye candy in this post!

Suzi-q said...

You have been busy and it's only the 3rd day of the month.
They all look wonderful and the colour selection works fantastically
well done

Lynda said...

It's great when you can finish of so many goodies. Your heart wallhanging is love and that's a great idea to change the wallhanging with the seasons/holidays. Georgia's block is lovely too. All our quilts are going to be fantastic.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Teresa, two more lovely finishes, I really like the table runner and of course the stitchery is just gorgeous, what a great start to Feb, well done ...Peg OPAM 2010

Mistea said...

Love your table runner - not just that it in coffee colours way appropriate for a coffee lover, but also that it is an unusual shape. Your mini heart quilt is beautiful. You could always leave this one up for a couple of months. Gorgeous blocks.

Julia said...

Great start to Febuary Teresa...
Love the runner, great idea for the strings..
Julia ♥

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Loving all your strippy stuff. The strippy heart looks great on the hanger and I love, love, love the coffee colours and the design of the table runner. You are achieving heaps!

Jantine said...

Love the idea of different quilts for different seasons! And it is a good idea to just start somewhere!

Jantine said...

Oeps, forgot: I m not a table runner person, but I love that this one is not straight! And the colors are awesome! How did you ever get the bindings on.
I tried to get some Rouenneries for my birthday, but every where I looked they were back ordered. Lesson: next time I am so in love with a fabric line, I better just order them, even if I doubt about the money...

Bec said...

What a bunch of fabulous finishes! The heart is gorgeous, and I just love the colours in the table runner - very cool string piecing for both!
Bouquet is going to be gorgeous - and the FiS BOM, well that is going to be stunning!

Kylie said...

Wow Teresa and its only day 3 - I am very impressed.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Wow they are all fantastic! You've had a great start to Feb! They are all a comletely different range of colours in each project but all look so great! Hmm.... makes me want a coffee real bad! lol! Lisa

Khris said...

Brilliant Teresa...I love your heart block and table runner....I will have to pop a link of the heart tutorial on the freebies blog...hugs
Khris

Stephanie said...

Beautiful table runner. Clever you you set the blocks. I recognized the Jacquie-style Valentine's heart too.

Cardygirl said...

Busy girl...lots of lovely finishes!

jeanette h said...

WOW you are a busy girl, all these finishes, and they all look amazing.
as you know im still looking at the needle case pattern and deciding what fabric to use could take me awhile lol thx for the motivation,if i finish in feburary it will be thx to you lol cheers.

Maree: said...

well you have been Productive...Lovely heart block.
cheers

*karendianne. said...

Oh gosh this is a fantastic post! What Makes me Happy? Posts like this, that's for sure. I know it's not the day for "What makes me happy" but I just had to share that feeling, right here - right now. Your heart block is so sweet. I love the idea of having a different little quilt hanging there for the seasons. You never know, someone might come along and send a RAK for that spot, too. I'm super happy with your Coffee Table runner. I really dig the Vintage look of the block in the close up photo - the buttons and LOVE. This is a great runner.

Yes indeed, a good start to the month. I mean, I didn't even get to the beautiful work on your "Bouquet" block muchless the delight of seeing even more Rouenneries.

em's scrapbag said...

Aren't those hearts just so fun to make. Your's is adorable. Love the runner. What a great stip project.

helbel19 said...

You have been a very busy girl I must say, don't forget to bring them all for show and tell on Tuesday, great job.

Helen

helbel19 said...

oops forgot to say..... my coffee did go well in the piccie and tasted good too that is when it finished its photo shoot. lol

Helen