Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some Finds and Some Finishes...

The Finds:
Last Friday my husband and I went to the Toowoomba Swap Meet. I don't go every year as searching through car parts is hard work, but this year it paid off! I found a few lovely Carlton Ware pieces - at a nice price for a change! I really love the little peach dish - it's my favourite find.

I've also found this wonderful site that prints off all your blog posts and photos. This book holds everything I posted for last year and I just love going back through it and remembering the year. If you are interested in printing your blog posts you will find the blog book site here. This is definitely my kind of diary!!!

Now the finishes:
I am in an on line group (Friends in Stitching) and last year for my birthday I received this lovely stitchery. I have finally finished it and made it up into a block keeper.


Also in this group we are doing a block of the month - so I've decided to keep all those blocks nice and safe until the end of the year in this keeper.. these are the blocks we've done so far...


I've made another dolphin for a friend of my brothers. They've just had a baby, and my brother asked me if I would make the baby a dolphin. I was very happy to be asked to make something for him! This is my fourth dolphin and I still love making them, especially in the gorgeous bright colours of Amy Butler.

More baby things.... These lovely panels have come into my favourite quilt shop and I've made a couple of the things that you can make with them for Tereasa.

Cute baby bag and a baby block softie.. Love the colours in this range and there are lots of nice and easy things to make with these panels.

We've had lots of rain here and the dam and water tank are full - such a nice feeling - so I am washing like mad today to get that mountain of washing under control.
I hope you are all having a great week and achieving heaps!!
Teresa xx

16 comments:

Khris said...

gosh you have been a busy bee...wow...you blow me away missy....well done...love all your work...hugs Khris

Julie said...

gorgeous work teresa!
x

Selina said...

Gorgeous finds!

I love that dolphin too!! Did you get that fabric from Tereasa's? I may have to pop in tomorrow and grab some if it's there :)

Lynda said...

Everything looks so lovely Teresa - like to peach plate too. Good luck with the washing - always an exciting job.

helbel19 said...

Go girl, great dishes... love them, you will be able to make dolphins in your sleep now lol.

Helen

Lurline said...

Have just popped over from Julie's - darn! - love your blog - another one I MUST follow, LOL!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Mistea said...

Such a pretty Dolphin - haven't made mine yet thanks for the reminder. Love the block keeper - you stitchery is gorgeous.

Tozz said...

Oohh....OOhhhh...I love your little dishes :) I have one nearly the same as the one in the right hand corner and love it. I especialy love the little peach one too. You have been very busy too with all your gorgeous things you have sewn. Nice to hear all the dams and tanks are full too. I wonder if we will get any rain soon. Thanks for showing us all the lovely pictures Teresa. I have enjoyed looking and reading all what you have been up to.
hugs Vicki

Scully236 said...

Wow, your fingers must be flying! Congrats on the finishes!

mitmot said...

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog - so glad it has inspired you to finish your hexy quilt - please share some pictures of it :-) xx

Sarah Lou said...

Oh mailing a dolphin makes so much more sense now!!!!!!!!!! always beautiful work.
That peach dish is very extremely heart squeakingly cute!!

Jantine said...

Love the blog print site, will check it out later! And your block keeper is so beautiful!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are one amazing lady...and I love all your little finds...your projects are just Beautiful Teresa...Peg OPAM

*karendianne. said...

Oh Look! We get to see the little soft BLOCK. I'm so excited to see that. Thanks for remembering. Your Amy Butler Dolphin is so sweet and friend, it's perfect the way the fabrics fall into place. Really perfect. You're work with this is amazing and I'm not kidding. I don't kid about that stuff anyway but I'm saying that to really get the point across!!! Everything in this post is beautiful and delightful and makes me smile. How to cover it all? The peach dish is my favorite, too and I think it must be really neat to see your Blog in print. What a great thing to have. Stitchery is so sweet and happy - just like you! Nice over coffee my friend, lovely. *karendianne.

em's scrapbag said...

What a find in the dishes. And as always your work is beautiful

mandapanda said...

Love the peach dish! If I find any similar ones here in the op shops, would you like them? Let me know what type they have to be! I also love the dolphin!!! Soooooo sweet!! My cousin just had a baby boy! His name is Matthew Anthony Charles. Anthony Charles was my grandfathers name. Actually, Anthony was his first, and Charles was my other Grandfathers first! Funny huh? Hope you CAN get that load of washing under control. You should make the boys do their own! That way you won't have as much! The eggs are due tomorrow, but I bet they'll be a few days late. Always the way! My friend had some of her own eastern eggs hatch! The babies are adorable! Would you like me to send you some photos?
hugs!!