Monday, December 21, 2009

Treasured Photos


I just had to share these photos with you. My Nanna loves photos and whilst visiting her the other day the drawer full of old photos came out again.... not that I mind....I love all these old photos and I've been through them many times.
But this day we found a few that I hadn't seen before.
The above photo is of her when she was 16 and at her Deb ball. Her mother, my Great Grandmother, was a dressmaker and made her beautiful dress out of embossed satin. She had her hair done that day - and she hated it!!
But the next photo is my absolute favourite. I think it's because she's laughing!!
Most photos taken around this time are quite formal and usually the people in the photos are serious.


In this photo my Nan is wearing her brother Herbs WWII fighter pilots uniform. That's why it's a little big on her!!!! I don't know what possessed her to put it on, but it sure made her laugh.
I'm so glad we found this photo. It makes me smile every time I look at it.
Thanks for stopping by on my little trip down Memory Lane.
Now back to the Christmas chaos!! ha ha

Teresa xx

6 comments:

Julie said...

what wonderful keepsakes teresa. pictures to cherish for all time.
hang in there girly.
xox

Cubby House Crafts said...

What gorgeous photos...thankyou for sharing Lisa

Julia said...

Beautiful photos Teresa...it's lovely to look back at these photos from time to time..
Your Nan was beautiful!
Julia ♥

Shiree said...

what wonderful photos Teresa, how privileged you are to have a your Nan keep all these, they are the true heirlooms for the future, what treasures. Thanks for sharing!

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

Your Nanna looks so sweet in her deb gown. The hand muff is cute - do you know what it is made of? May be it was the trend when she made her debut. Have a great Christmas.

mandapanda said...

What a gorgeosu dress! I love the fact that she's laughing too. You should see some of my grandparents and great grandparents, they look so funny, but stern too. It's so sad thay didn't invent "cheese" until later on. Oh well.
Have a very Happy Christmas! It's all come so quickly hasn't it? lol