Thursday, December 3, 2009

Swaps and Decorations

Have a look at this little guy.. isn't he cute? My partner in Chookys present and decoration swap, Emily from America, sent this to me and I love him. He's got the cutest little knitted beanie. Thanks so much Emily.

Above is the lovely parcel of goodies I received from Dianah (also in America) in Jenny and Vicki's fat 1/4 swap. The fabrics are gorgeous and I can't have enough ric rac and Christmas buttons. Thanks so much Dianah.


This is what I sent Dianah, for the buttons I sent a snowman button and a string of tiny Christmas lights.


I've managed to make a few Christmas decorations this year and the above little bird was a free pattern from the very talented Robyn of Daisy Quilts.. He was a lot of fun to make. I wanted to make him out of red felt like in the pattern, but I found this white felt with tiny gold sparkles on it and decided to change my plans. Thanks for the pattern Robyn.

I've also made these decorations from Art to Hearts 'Easy Does it for Christmas' book. I love the little 3D effect on each of them.
Yesterday I was lucky enough to meet in person one of my blogging friends. We've been talking back and forth for some time now and we finally got together. Thanks so much for a terrific day Julie... it was sooooo much fun.... even getting caught in the rain! ha ha
Hope everyone is having a great day and doing what you love.
Teresa xx


11 comments:

Selina said...

You have been so busy! Love all those fabrics too!

Robyn said...

Teresa, I love all your goodies and your good loot!! You have been a busy girl and I really do love your dear little white birdie with the bell...looks so fabulous and christmassy!!
Love your Arts to Hearts decos too!!
...and so happy that you and Jules got together and had a great day!! Wooohoo!!

Julie said...

boo! lovin' your art to heart ornies. the snowman is also gorgeous. unfortunately, the other photos are not showing for me (bit of a problem i'm experiencing with blogger of late). bummer! i really wanted to see robs' birdie you made.
yes, yesterday was fun, thank you for your wonderful company!!!
now when are you going to show everyone your haul from yesterday? i will do the same soon.
julie xox

Chookyblue...... said...

cute snowman........can't wait to see what your girls got up to..........

Caryn said...

Love the ornaments. I've been planning on making Art to heart ornies too but from a different book - I wonder if I have the Easy Does it For Christmas - hmmm - LOL!

Cardygirl said...

Great Christmas decorations...lots of lovely mail at your place!

Cubby House Crafts said...

lovely lot of swap goodies there...I hope to join in more swaps next year! You have been busy with your Art to Heart ornies...also a favourite of mine! Lisa

Shiree said...

you have been busy, how nice tbe able to meet up with a fellow bogger, lucky you!

Jantine said...

You have been spoiled ;-). Where did you get this string with tiny lights, I would love to use it in my Sinterklaas quilt to transform some trees into Christmas trees...

Khris said...

ohh I really love those onries....well done Teresa...might have to be me that pattern..hugs Khris

Cath Ü said...

those last lot of ornies are terrific... Love them....
Cath Ü