Friday, December 18, 2009

Gifts from the Heart

These are some more of the gorgeous advent swap presents I have received from my partner Annette in America. She must know I love bags as there is the sweetest little handmade bag in there, as well as a great bag pattern that I can't wait to make. Some more gorgeous buttons, ribbon, lace, some notebooks and a cute little cotton reel pincushion. Oh and some yummy apple and cinnamon lip balm!!! Thank you so much Annette... I am loving them all.

I found this great tutorial that shows you how to make paper bows to top off your presents here.. They are super easy and quick to make. I found using my guillotine made it even quicker.

Gives the present a bit more pizazz I think!!

I also found this great idea here for making wine bottle bags with fabric tags. I've had these fabrics for ages and I love the one with all the wine labels on it... perfect for these bags. Another super quick and easy gift.

I also had to share with you this gorgeous present I received from my wonderful friend Tereasa. I have been admiring a quilt in her shop that she has made using a gorgeous range of Christmas fabric with cardinals on it. Anyone who knows me, knows I love cardinals and I have been looking at it and drooling over it for some time now. This present, when unwrapped, has all the fabrics in it required to make the same quilt... even enough fabric for the backing!!! I was over the moon. Thank you so much Tereasa for such a thoughtful, beautiful present. I can't wait to start it and it will mean so much to me. I love it already!!!


I was off to visit my bloggy friend Julie this week and heard she was making some gingerbread for her son. I told her to please save one piece for me... This is what greeted me when I popped in!!!!!

and this is what was inside (and I have to admit there are quite a few missing when I took this photo!!!) Thank you so much Julie, they are delicious and you made my day!!!

I also have another friend Virginia (blogless I'm afraid) who I share the love of all things French with. We both have sent each other presents this week and the french/Paris theme was very evident. Above is the gorgeous French notebook she sent me, along with a beautifully made little sewing bag. Thank you so much Virginia... it was a lovely surprise.


This is what I found on Etsy and sent to Virginia. It's called the 'I love Paris' necklace. I couldn't resist it for her.
Sorry about the long blog... but I just had to show you all the wonderful things being received here.
Hope everyone is coasting along nicely with all the Christmas rush. I can't believe Christmas is just next week.... it really feels like time is speeding up now.
Have a great day everyone,
Teresa xx

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow, yep I see what you mean Teresa...another "Happy" post!
So many beautiful things here for such a lovely lady...enjoy them all!!

Julia said...

Wow Teresa...that sure is a Happy Post..
enjoy the lovely gifts!
Julia ♥

retdairyqueen said...

I loved reading your "long post"
I think I will make a wine bottle gift bag Thankyou for showing where to get the pattern

Selina said...

wow! gorgeous goodies!! I love that necklace too, send me the link for the shop you got it from?? I'm heading to Paris next year, would I totally look like a tourist wearing that?!

Julie said...

i'm so glad you've been getting spoilt, you SO deserve it all.
are you sharing those gingerbread men with the boys or have you squirreled them all for yourself? LOL
xox

Cubby House Crafts said...

Gosh you lucky lady!!! Don't you just love this time of year?? Lisa

jeanette h said...

hi teresa, I also like your long blogs,your short blogs, as a matter of fact i like all your blogs, thanks for sharing the link to the bows i will be using this freqantly, thanks for sharing all the lovely things you make and recieve, MERRY CHRISTMAS HAVE A GOOD ONE cheers

Judith Tetley said...

Hi Teresa, ths is my first visit to your blog and it was wonderful. Just love all the things you are doing. The long post.....well I enjoyed it and also fell in love with the necklace..well done!
Many Blessings
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com