Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Daily Album

Last year for the month of December I kept a journal. It was an idea I found on Ali Edwards site you can find here. It was so much fun and a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas and everything that goes on in the days leading up to the big event.

In it I recorded all our traditions, recipes, letters from family, photos, Christmas cards, the weather,

decorations I'd made, parties and get-togethers we attended, memories of Christmas' long gone, favourite Christmas songs and movies, photos of the tree, and of course Christmas Day.



It was a wonderful way to keep all my memories together and made last years Christmas very special. I wasn't going to do it again this year, as I put a lot of work into my journal and it became quite time consuming..... BUT....this year is going to be very special too. There are lots of things going on in my family at the moment,
some good and some not so good.
And I want to remember it all.
So I have decided to do it all again...


What was I thinking???
Hope you are all have a wonderful day and welcome to the first day of December!!
Teresa xx

10 comments:

Lynda said...

That is such a beautiful journal Teresa.

Julie said...

a wonderful idea, and another one i'd never get a chance to do this year. such a great keepsake and it can be passed down for generations.
julie xoxo

Julia said...

That's great idea Teresa..
Something to look back on..
Julia ♥

Sarah Lou said...

Such a beautiful journal. I love this idea.

ps love some dets on the pear in the bottom photo, so cute!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Just love your journal Teresa! I started mine on the weekend...bit scared to show mine...but it was fun doing it! Lisa

Annette said...

Oh that is gorgeous! A keepsake to enjoy every Christmas. Christmas and memories just go together so well.

Di's Quilting and Craft said...

What a wonderful memento Teresa. Maybe next year I will get my stuff together. Did you make the actual album?

Jantine said...

This looks beautiful. Love the idea too! Good luck with doing it every day!

em's scrapbag said...

What a wonderful idea! Yours is beautiful!

Cath Ü said...

Oh I see a cardinal in amongst all that scrappin...
cath Ü