Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Gifts

How gorgeous are these guys???? The wonderful Julie made these for me and I absolutely love them. She knows me very well and couldn't have made more perfect Christmas decorations.
So Prim and So Cute!!!


We got together again this week and this time we visited Tereasa's shop and made a few purchases (just goes without saying). Then we had lunch at the cafe next door. Thanks so much Julie for another fun day and I love love love my prim decorations.


These are a couple of paper pieced Santas I made after seeing them on this great site and you can find the pattern here. Very clever and quick to make - these guys are going around some wine bottle bags for gifts this Christmas.


I've also made these funky and very practical CD holders for my nieces. Both have their drivers licences and their own cars now... these holders fit over the sun visor and hold all their favourite CDs. I found the tutorial here and it was a breeze to make. I am loving these Amy Butler fabrics.



I think I might have to make one of these for myself. They're such a great idea - I really hope the girls like them.

It has been so hot here for most of the week and today was no exception. The heat literally sucks the energy out of you and makes it very uncomfortable. I've been doing a lot of sewing at night when it finally gets a little cooler.
I hope everyone is nearly ready for Christmas... not long to go now. I've just got a few more things to make and I think I am done.
One thing I definately want to make this year is a binder cover for all the wonderful Christmas recipes I've found so far. Let's see if I can get it done before Christmas!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Julie said...

i'm really happy you like your little ornies. i enjoyed making them for you. also enjoyed our day together and looking forward to next week too!
loving those cd holders.... do ya reckon my car would look good with one? LOL
xoxo

Marls said...

Those prim decorations are fantastic. You have been busy and I love those Santas and CD holders.
Thankfully the weather is meant to be cooler today and hopefully it will stay that way for a while.

Cardygirl said...

Great decorations....love the CD holders- the girls will really LOVE them!

retdairyqueen said...

I like the Cd holders and the colours are perfect for teenagers
I saw a pattern for them once but it was in felt I will have to have a look at where you got the pattern

Julia said...

I LOVE those prim decorations. Julie did a great job on them...
great Cd holders and the colours are perfect for teenagers...I think they might want more than one!
Julia ♥

Khris said...

okay I think you better send me all those ornies...they would look so much better on my xmas tree than yours...lol....well done Julie and well done to you...I love the Santas.
Hugs khris

Mistea said...

Lucky you - Those deco's are gorgeous. The CD holder's are such a practical idea. I went and got the Homespun so I could have a go at a Dolphin - maybe tomorrow.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Teresa, all the decos are just so cute but those CD holders what a fantastic idea...

Renee said...

those CD holders are a fantastic idea - I love the fabrics you used for them too.

Dianne said...

What a great gift idea the cd holders are. Must make some for Christmas (next year that is)

em's scrapbag said...

Cute Santa's and thanks for the link for the CD holder. What a great gift for teenagers.

em's scrapbag said...

Almost forgot the adorable ornaments. Oh my goodness they are delightful.

Tozz said...

I love your ornies..they are the best I have ever seen. Also I am sure you will get the folder made. You are a quick sewer and will probably whip up a few :) hugs
Vicki

mandapanda said...

The CD holders are absolutely fantastic! I know I'd be stoked to get one for Xmas so no worries that your neices will love them!
The ornaments that Julie made are just fab! I love the tree in particular, so different! The santas you made look easy enough, I might try my hand too.
I'm glad my tree idea inspired you! Don't forget to take photos and show them here. I'd love to see your take on it! We got some rain yesterday, but the sky is totally clear again today. Strange huh?
Have you seen my opther lizards with their hats on? You can check back last year on my blog under "My bearded little Santa Claus" or you can check my flickr set as I just uploaded them...must find and get the bluetongue photo yet...