Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Advent Swap and Christmas Gifts

These are just some of the gorgeous gifts I've opened so far in the Christmas Advent Swap. My wonderful partner Annette (in America) is spoiling me.. Amongst the goodies, was the lovely little handmade bag with some strawberry buttons inside, the heart pincushion with crochet lace around the edge, the purple button with 'imagine' across it, lace hearts, a beautiful tin with DMC threads inside, pretty pink and white check ribbon.... Thank you so much Annette, your gifts are so appreciated and loved!!
Above is an apron I made for a 'chooky' friend - Julie - (who I met through blog land) and is beautifully modelled by my son (who threatened me to not show above the shoulders ! ha ha)
I also painted this little guy for Julie as well. It was so nice to get out the paints as it's been quite some time. So lucky the paints hadn't dried out.

And I have finally finished some presents for Christmas. These dolphins are a Melly and Me pattern I found in the latest Homespun magazine. There are 3 new babies in our family this Christmas and this pattern was perfect for littlies.. no buttons!
I love these Amy Butler fabrics... and I have also used them in some other presents I've almost finished.. more pics to come.....
Hope everyone has a great week.... Enjoy the build up to Christmas,
Teresa xx

14 comments:

Jelly Wares said...

Lots of great stuff in this post Teresa!!!!! What a great swap, you sure did score some goodies...
I LOVE the little dolphins, they are just the cutest!!! were they hard to make or did the pattern come together reslly easy??? I must buy that copy of homespun and make a coupl eof those for the little people in my life at the moment...
Thanks for sharing...

Take Care
Jodie :)

Jo in TAS said...

Great gifts! Love the painted chook, I'm a hopeless painter! Those dolphins are going to be so loved.

Selina said...

Those dolphins are just gorgeous! I love the little photo shoot you've set up for them too!!

And how very obliging of your son to model for you, it cracked me up!

Julia said...

Great gifts..loved the dolphins..
How obliging of your son to model for you...I couldn't see my son doing that, DH might though!
Julia ♥

Julie said...

love, love, love my gifts! ( i'm a pretty slack blogger of late ). i bet i don't look as hot as that son of yours when i wear my gorgeous apron!
you whipped up those dolphins pretty darn fast. lovely job.
julie xox

Khris said...

oohhh I so love those dolphins....I think I have to get me that pattern....love it..hugs Khris
p.s. well done Julie.

Bev C said...

Hello Teresa, great photo shoot with the dolphins. You have been busy,love that apron and wooden chooky. Your son did a great job modelling the apron,can he cook as well? Happy days.

Sarah Lou said...

Oh wow you are being spoilt!!!!!
I adore those lil dolphins. They are perfect!!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Lovely lot of goodies you've received! You have been busy and you do such beautiful work...love it all! How did it feel to have the paints out again?

Cath Ü said...

Everything looks fantastic... well done... lucky Julie....
Cath Ü

Mistea said...

Lots of gorgeous goodies in your swap packages. Lucky you. Beautiful dolphins - love Pod.

retdairyqueen said...

I love the apron
You are getting some lovely advent gifts

em's scrapbag said...

The dolphins are adorable. It's been a few days since I stopped by. I love all the homemade ornaments you have shown. Thanks for the link for the bird.

Rebecka said...

I love your dolphins!! So cute!