Monday, November 2, 2009

Snowman Needs Some Snow...

I have been working on this snowman (I'm ashamed to say) for a couple of years now and I am very pleased he is going to see this Christmas. He is an advent calendar with the countdown embroidered on his body.
Unfortunately he is supposed to have some fake snow on his hat, arms and nose but I have been unable to get any. So he is a really feeling this Aussie heat at the moment.

I have to make some pins to put into him for the count down as well. (Of course they need some snow on them too.....)


I may have to come up with another idea for the snow, hmmmmm.....


And of course I just had to make another bag... I really love this new fabric range called Authentic. I think that's the scrapbooker coming out in me.. It's a really large market tote bag so it should be perfect for the next market day..
Hope everyone has a good week and if you are in Australia - hope you have a win tomorrow on the Melbourne Cup. I am going out with the girls - but like a true crafter - won't be going to a 'Cup' party - we're going quilt shop shopping!!! and of course some yummy lunch.
Thanks for stopping by
Teresa xx




9 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Oh he's so sweet! I have a 'thing for snowmen'Lol! Lisa

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the bag and he is one cute Santa...

Shiree said...

Hi Teresa,
Oh your snowman is so cute, he has just the loveliest of faces, just charming! Snow in Queensland tho'???

Caryn said...

I'd be happy to send you a bag of fake snow if you want - it is in season here!

Lynda said...

Lovely way to spend a Melbourne Cup Day. Your Snowman is wonderful - hope you find some snow. Jenny Mac made this snowman for a friend of mine - she may be able to suggest where you could buy some snow.

Jelly Wares said...

That snowman is just gorgoeus, well worth the weait of a couple of years... LOL!!! Don't feel ashamed I have a knitted advent that I still have to finish too, hopefully it wll get done for this Xmas..

Jodie XX

Catherine said...

OOh..I have this pattern somewhere...one day i will majke it too!! HAppy Stitching, Cathyx

Sarah said...

I love that Advent Snowman! I have one myself actually - made for me for a swap - lucky me! I actually made the Santa one for a friend a couple of years back too!
x Sarah
PS: Cute bag!

Sarah Lou said...

HE is so amazing! DEf worth the wait, I think!