Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cardinal for Christmas

I've always loved Cardinals on Christmas things, fabric, postcards etc. so when I saw this guy in the latest Homespun magazine I just had to make him.
His name is Charlie Chirp and he was a lot of fun to make. There was a bit of everything in this guy, not just sewing, but painting as well... lucky my paints haven't dried up as it's been awhile. Stuffing him was a bit of a challenge!!!
And on the baking front, Sue got me onto this wonderful recipe site and these are the latest slices I've made :
Yummy, yummy Passionfruit slice and (kids favourite) Marshmallow slice. They were both so quick to make and so easy... my kind of cooking!!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend,
Teresa xx

9 comments:

Tozz said...

Oh wow...Teresa you have made a really lovely Cardinal. He has turned out superb!! And you did the stand thingy he is sitting on too!! Hugs
Vicki

Cubby House Crafts said...

He looks great Teresa! You have been busy! Lisa

Sarah Lou said...

I love love love the cardinal! thanks for sending me that link for the journal cover!!
Ps which site for the slices?

Jantine said...

The cardianl is awesome. Would love to share those biscuits with you and some tea to go with it. I will just imagine we do ;-).

Cardygirl said...

Great cardinal...I am always a bit scared of the painting...you have done a wonderful job.

rozhearts said...

Teresa I just love your Cardinal. At first I thought it was plaster or porcelain how clever you are it is is really beautiful.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

Julie said...

he is just gorgeous teresa! i was eyeing him off in homespun myself. would never get a chance to make him before chrissy though.
julie xox

Bev C said...

Great job on the cardinal. I will be straight around for some of those lovely slices Yum Yum.
Have a great day.

Cath Ü said...

Good to see that Charlie Chirp was made by someone...... I am going to steal the pic and pop it on my blog as well... I loved designing him as I think Cardinals are wonderful birds... and those slices look fantastic...
Cath Ü