Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Inspiration is Everywhere!!

Hi everyone, I thought I would post today about the wonderful inspiration I get from blogland....
On Monday morning (early - before I took my son to school) I was checking my emails and what people had got up to on the weekend and I came across Peg's wonderful date and walnut slice.I realised I had all the ingredients, except for the walnuts, so I got some from the shop on the way home from school. Great recipe Peg!! They were a hit!! With 2 teenage sons and a hard working husband... they were soon being demolished. I took the last of them to quilting today and shared them with Tereasa and Helen. Compliments all round!!
Also on Monday (after finding Pegs recipe) I found Vicki's free Christmas Pattern. She is one of the Among the Gum Trees designers and she had a wonderful pattern for a Christmas door stop. Amazing - I have 2 indoor cats and need to keep some doors of the house open all the time - therefore a door stop is just what I needed. So out came the sewing machine. I decided the pattern on the side of the doorstop would make a terrific Christmas decoration... so this is what I ended up with....
One wool felt Christmas decoration - love the little stitchery on it Vikki!!
And one indispensable doorstop!!
I love blogland... there are so many talented, giving people out there and you inspire me all the time. Monday looked like being any normal day, but ended up being a thoroughly fun and productive start to the week.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all get some inspiration too.

Teresa xx

8 comments:

Tozz said...

MMM....that slice looks so yummy! No wonder it went well. I love the little deco..it looks great and your doorstop is very lardedar looking :) Love it Teresa and I am glad you enjoyed making them. :) hugs Vicki
I am a follower of your blog now...I thought I was before and now realise why I wasnt getting any updates of your blog..duh!

Cubby House Crafts said...

I know exactly what you mean! I too love to visit Pegs blog...she such a talented lady in many ways! I also visited chookyblue for her blogging tutorials and help with blogging problems..she always willing to help out! Lisa

Selina said...

I actually think I passed you in the carpark on the way to Homespun and Beautiful today!! It's funny how small blogland is sometimes!

Selina.

Marls said...

Thanks for the link to Peg's blog and the slice recipe-drooling now. I love the decoration you made and the doorstop looks great. Can I ask what you filled the doorstop with?

helbel19 said...

Great door stop and deco, after enjoying the slice at craft today ( many thanks Teresa) I'm now going over to Peg's blog to get the recipe... it was so yummy.

Helen

Chookyblue...... said...

nice slice and yes there is lots of inspiration out there in blogland...........wonderful...........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So pleased you all enjoyed the slice.....love what you have made, the ornament is a great idea, sort of a two for one thing, thanks for the inspiration....this blogging is the best thing ever, I definatley look outside my square these days....take care Teresa..Pegxx

miss~nance said...

Love the decoration and the door stop looks fabulous without the embroidery (I will be making mine with the embroidery though).

Gail