Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Jane and Christmas Swaps

I have finished some more Dear Jane blocks and I am finding that making them is very addictive. I wish I had more time to spend on them. I'm finding that some blocks are much easier using the paper piecing mehod. Some blocks have applique on them and some hand stitching. The more blocks I make the more I am in awe of the quilt maker, Jane, who put this quilt together, by herself, in 1863!! The blocks are very intricate and only 4 1'2 inches square!!

All my Christmas swaps are now finished, wrapped and in their parcels waiting to be sent off to my swap partners. This has been a lot of fun, and I really hope my partners like what I've made them... (and I can't wait to receive my parcels either!!)


Thanks for stopping by! I am off to do some blurking (blog lurking) and check out what everyone's been up to.
Teresa xx

8 comments:

Annette said...

I have been so tempted to start a Dear Jane. Your blocks are very nice! I am in the process of wrapping my swap packages and they'll soon be on their way. I'll let you know.

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of lovely swap parcels here........did you remember to take a pic of your SSCS parcel??

Marls said...

You Dear Jane blocks look brilliant-almost wants me to start one myself.
Swap parcels make me feel excited and reminds me I need to start wrapping mine.

Jo in TAS said...

I've been collecting fabrics for my DJ, now I need to get started. Yours look fabulous and so neat!
My advent swap goodies are half way there!

Julia said...

Your DJ blocks look great Teresa..
Keep going with them, it is worth all the work...
Julia 3

Lynda said...

You've been so busy Teresa! Love your Dear Jane blocks - one day ... although I've cut into the 10 yards of background fabric I bought for DJ (needed stitching fabric for Tail Feathers).

Robyn said...

Oh Teresa,
Your DJ blocks look so lovely.
Mine is till in the 'I'm going to' stages presently.
Oooh your lucky partners.
hugs
Robyn xx

Robyn said...

Yooohoo...come and visit me :D